Can I sell my Droid?
Sylent

I have my phone currently suspended and was wanting to sell my phone to pay off rest of my bill + cancel my contract as I no longer use a cell phone. I was wondering if i could see as is over ebay or something knowing that the phone under my name is currently suspended

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I sell my Droid?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Sylent wrote:

I have my phone currently suspended and was wanting to sell my phone to pay off rest of my bill + cancel my contract as I no longer use a cell phone. I was wondering if i could see as is over ebay or something knowing that the phone under my name is currently suspended

You may be stuck. You'll have to pay an early termination fee to end your contract with Verizon. It is $175 per line to cancel. Verizon does subtract $5 for every month you have had your contract. If you get that paid off then you should be good to go. You may want to mention in your selling add that the phone is currently suspended. You do plan to pay whatever is needed to end the contract once you get the money for the phone.

0 Likes
Gunslngr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

He said droid. The ETF for the droid or any of the "advanced devices" purchased late last year is $350 and that goes down by $10 a month. You might be able to sell the phone but I am not sure you would get enough to cover the ETF and your bill. Not sure what big red does with the ESN when you suspend a line but it might disable the phone on their network. If someone tried to activate that phone on a different line it would still be disabled. Good luck, hope things work out for you.

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, but I would never buy a phone on ebay knowing that it doesn't have a clean ESN.  I've bought a few phones on ebay and always make sure that I would be able to activate it as soon as I got it.  You're talking about a Droid too?  I'm thinking $400 avg for it used?  No way would I pay $400 bucks knowing that the acct is suspended.  GL though.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Gunslngr21 wrote:

He said droid. The ETF for the droid or any of the "advanced devices" purchased late last year is $350 and that goes down by $10 a month. You might be able to sell the phone but I am not sure you would get enough to cover the ETF and your bill. Not sure what big red does with the ESN when you suspend a line but it might disable the phone on their network. If someone tried to activate that phone on a different line it would still be disabled. Good luck, hope things work out for you.

The $350 ETF went into effect around Nov 15th, 2009. If you bought your Eris or Droid on Nov 6 or before that key date, the ETF is $175.

0 Likes