Can I upgrade the os on my galaxy tab 2 7.0?
CARMIL41

I'm receiving notifications from my banking apps that they will no longer support my older operating system Android 4.1.2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I upgrade the os on my galaxy tab 2 7.0?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the tablet is currently running Android 4.1.2, that is likely the most recent version of the OS for that device and won't be receiving any more updates. You can either replace it with a newer device or use your banking app on a newer smartphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the tablet is currently running Android 4.1.2, that is likely the most recent version of the OS for that device and won't be receiving any more updates. You can either replace it with a newer device or use your banking app on a newer smartphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154 is correct. The device's latest available OS is Jelly Bean, 4.1. If an application requires an OS later than this, the application would not function correctly with your device. 

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CARMIL41

Thank you. I do not see a correct answer button under your response

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Tablet

0 Likes