Can i use a Mi Mix 2?
C-Smith100

Could i use a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2? As far as i know it has all necessary bands, i'm just curious if i could get it activated in the store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can i use a Mi Mix 2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't certified and unlikely to support HD Voice for VoLTE. Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
C-Smith100

Thats fine. I've been told it will work perfectly fine, just that the sim has to be activated in another phone first. I'm mostly curious if store employees are allowed to do this(such as with a display phone?)

I've also read that when using a non-certified phone, the phone is limited to band 13 only for some reason, is that true?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

C-Smith100 wrote:

Thats fine. I've been told it will work perfectly fine, just that the sim has to be activated in another phone first. I'm mostly curious if store employees are allowed to do this(such as with a display phone?)

I've also read that when using a non-certified phone, the phone is limited to band 13 only for some reason, is that true?

No it's not. Also after Dec 31 2o19 that phone will be a brick just so you know

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Verizon Wireless doesn't allow phones that use CDMA for the voice calls, I don't see how this phone could work if it doesn't have VoLTE/HD Voice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is something else about that brand name being banned from US networks I remember reading about, but I don't remember the specifics or if it is still banned.

0 Likes
C-Smith100

I believe thats Huawei actually?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I seem to remember two brands being banned. Which brand they were, I don't know.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

ZTE

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want to make sure you have the proper expectation about compatibility with our network for that Mi Mix 2, C-Smith100. I'm happy to shed some light on this. To check operability with our network, please go to this website, follow all directions and select "Android" for the OS: http://spr.ly/6588D0UwA Also, you'll want to make sure that the phone is unlocked and that you have a compatible Verizon SIM card. You can pick up a SIM card for free if needed at any of our corporate stores. To find the closest corporate store, go here: http://spr.ly/6589D0Uw7 Make sure to check "Only show stores with In-Store Pickup available". Does this help?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes