Can my core prime "reset" itself? As if the sim card had been removed and put back in, to hide location history? Content had to be retrieved from the cloud, it was wiped clean.
Limimo
Enthusiast - Level 1

A family member who may be trying to hide something says the phone must've reset itself. Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can my core prime "reset" itself? As if the sim card had been removed and put back in, to hide location history? Content had to be retrieved from the cloud, it was wiped clean.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Removing and replacing the SIM card will neither erase any location history or reset the phone.  Assuming you are talking about a factory reset (wiping all data and resetting the phone back to as if it had just come from the factory), it is a multiple step process, and not something the phone will do on it's own.  If it does, there will most likely be other issues with the phone.

View solution in original post

Re: Can my core prime "reset" itself? As if the sim card had been removed and put back in, to hide location history? Content had to be retrieved from the cloud, it was wiped clean.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Removing and replacing the SIM card will neither erase any location history or reset the phone.  Assuming you are talking about a factory reset (wiping all data and resetting the phone back to as if it had just come from the factory), it is a multiple step process, and not something the phone will do on it's own.  If it does, there will most likely be other issues with the phone.

Limimo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I thought so. When it reset something came up on the screen about the sim card, I think it had to be reactivated, as if I just bought it. He mumbled something about it was doing an update...What? Yeah he made that up on the fly I guess.

0 Likes