Can receive/send texts, receive vm notifications, can't make/receive calls
rafaelaJT

Since Saturday 3/7 I can't make or receive phone calls. Calls go directly to voice mail, I receive a notification, but can't retrieve messages, since I receive a "cellular network not available" message. Have not been able to make a call since Sat.

Tonight, Tues/Wed, just for an experiment, I sent myself text messages, and they were delivered immediately.

What I've tried:

1- restarts

2- turn off phone completely

3- removed & reinserted SIM card

4- turned off wi-fi

5- turned airplane mode on & off

6- turned every possible network setting on and off

7- searched for hours for solution on Internet

Adjustments to settings have resulted in the phone making an attempt to connect to the network. One of the 2 dots under the 4GLTE logo would flash for less than a second. Today, 2 lights would go on and stay on for a few seconds (progress)

OutageReports and DownDetector have been indicating outages in my area, but don't know how reliable they are. Phoned local Verizon store with borrowed phone on Monday. Was told there are no outages in the area.

Verizon store guy also said that my phone model was being taken off-line and may or may not be brought back? Made no sense to me. He told me to bring the phone in to the store so he could look at it; I have not been able to get over there yet.

Chat on Verizon site is a bot that just goes around in circles.

I have been using an old Moto E 2nd gen phone on Verizon from this location for 3 years w/o major issues. I'm in zip 92252.

Yes, the phone is old and outdated. But an upgrade would be a financial challenge at this moment, and want to make sure that there is no issue at Verizon before I get another phone and carrier.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Can receive/send texts, receive vm notifications, can't make/receive calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rafaelaJT,

I see that we've been working with you here in the Private Messaging function here on the forums, and we haven't heard back from you since our last post. There were service concerns in the area when you originally were reaching out, but those concerns have since been resolved. Are you still having trouble with your device? If so, please reach back out via the Private Messenger within this platform and we'll move forward with the next steps. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
rafaelaJT

I still do not have phone service. No inbound or outbound calling since last Saturday.

According to rep at local Verizon store this morning, the tower is still down. Tried to phone in again to check status, but local bounced to corporate customer service who transferred me to tech support and could not complete call due to using landline.

Have lost patience. At least I should be credited for a lost week of service. Can’t imagine reasonable reason for week+ loss of service.

Don’t think of responding until you’ve read both of my posts. Other CS private messages have been useless.

in services general
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/no-cell-service-since-3-7/m-p/115...

original in android
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Can-receive-send-texts-receive-vm-notificat...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to place and receive phone calls, rafaelaJT. When taking a look into your area, there are not any open network alerts at the current time. Are the apps on your phone and the software fully up-to-date? You mentioned you have completed resets on your device. Can you please specify the resets you have done? Different resets include, restarting the phone (powering it off then on), Network Reset, and Factory Reset.

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
rafaelaJT

I made it to the local Verizon store today, 3/18.

Service in my area has been restored, but the local tower is still down? I didn't get an explanation.

When the the VZN rep checked my IMEI, she got a message that my phone was not compatible with the network (any more. Have been using this phone on VZN for 3+ yrs). I had previously been told that my IMEI *would* work when service came back up.

So, no service since 3/7 or 3/8. 10 days so far. And I guess I won't have service until I buy a new phone.

Question #1: Any chance of a credit?

VZN has had my money since service went down. And will have it through the end of my month's cycle, 3/19. So, I paid for 30 days, and rec'd 18 days. Service was cut off w/o any warning.

Question #2: Is it possible to suspend service until I have a new phone in hand? Likely to be at least 2 weeks given coronavirus etc.

I'm a prepaid customer. I'd prefer not to talk to an off-shore CSR who knows nothing about outages. And isn't capable of issuing credits.

0 Likes