Can someone tell me why the Android 4.4 update had not rolled out for the HTC One Max?
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the current status of the update and what is taking so long?

Labels (1)
Re: Can someone tell me why the Android 4.4 update had not rolled out for the HTC One Max?
B33
Legend
0 Likes
Re: Can someone tell me why the Android 4.4 update had not rolled out for the HTC One Max?
saradocus
Enthusiast - Level 1

because its not going to. according the the vzw customer service equipment guide only the htc one and m8 have android 4.4. you can blame verizon, htc or android (google/android)   ask android or htc to find any answer. lots of androids don't or do get updates, i'm sure its some huge marketing contract thingy w/ the carriers/manufactures/os companies

0 Likes
B33
Legend

One Never knows.. hopefully something will come for it soonSmiley Happy b

0 Likes
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

@saradocus

I think you missed the point of the question. We know it's coming.  The link that @B33 posted says it's coming. The issue is that Verizon has had the software for over a month now and no sign of it being released.  Sprint  however was behind Verizon in the race to get it released,  yet somehow managed to get it out way ahead of Verizon.  (add mentioned in other forum posts.) Needless to say,  Verizon is the worst when it comes to Android updates.

@B33

I've been to that page, even emailed HTC and they say it's up to Verizon.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea that's how it works HTC gets it from Google, if it checks out ok they'll pass it along to Verizon if they accept it and it works with what ever they try to add with it.. they'll pass it to customers that will run test on it, If there are any issues in it then they'll send it back to HTC and possibly Google and when this happens they have go in rework what issue were found and then send it back to htc)  Hopefully as I stated it in good state it passed the hurtles and it will be ready for the public soon..

0 Likes
Weld188
Enthusiast - Level 2

Want to speed up the updates. Follow this link and sign. We need to stop the carriers from putting all their bloatware on the phone we buy. Keep their hand off the updates! Pass the link along.

Hi,

I just started a petition on Care2: Demand to make it illegal for all Cell Phone Carriers to install Bloatware on all their devises NOW!. I'm hoping that if enough people sign my petition, we can make a difference. Right now I've got 10 signatures — will you help me collect more by adding your name, and then use the links below to share it on social media?

Here's a link to the petition: http://www.care2.com/go/z/e/AH1tt

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well there is one way to get around it with out going through legal channels and that is with a Google Play edition Device it's totally Google and no bloatware the new htc One M8 G.P. and Dev model is out and the G.P. Looks Quite Nicely.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Google Play Edition isn't compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O well.. still looks neat no bloatware

0 Likes