Can't Send/Receive sms/mms from specific ppl w iPhone 4 to Galaxy S4
bonmoo123

Hi Verizon network,

I am having trouble receiving text messages and sending text messages to specific folks in my contacts. I can receive texts from other iPhone & non-iPhone users from multiple carriers.

Already done:

Unregistered old iPhone device from apple.com and called and had apple remove my number associated with apple imessage.

Checked all other apple products for any imessage set up- all turned off

Changed iTunes password

Deleted their phone numbers from iCloud

Asked them to turn on "sms" setting on their iPhone (using iOS7)

Started new conversation

I can send texts and receive them from everyone else, except these to people, who are on the same Verizon account. I can call them no problem. They can send texts to other people and receive them, but not to me. It just keeps reading message failed on both ends Smiley Sad

What am I missing here? Please help!!

Aimee

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Send/Receive sms/mms from specific ppl w iPhone 4 to Galaxy S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bonmoo123,

Oh No! Let's get you up and running. Thanks for all the troubleshooting you have done so far. Those are some great steps. Since you are able to get message from other iPhone users, I would rule out it being an iMessage issue. Have you ensured that their are not any blocks on their account preventing you from texting them. Have you tried to input the number directly in the To field in your message? Also, have you tried to place a "1" before the area code? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes