Can't Turn off 'Vibrate when text sent'
thecenta26

Since the update, my phone vibrates after I successfully send a text which is really **bleep**ing annoying, I go to the settings to turn it off and its grayed out. How do I change this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Turn off 'Vibrate when text sent'
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

In this case I would suggest that you reset your device, to put your phone back in its initial state from when you first purchased it. This can help determine whether its a defect in the phone, in which a replacement will be needed. Here are the steps below to reset your phone:

Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phonebefore you reset your phone.

To reset the phone

1. Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data reset

2.On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone and then tap Erase everything

To reset the phone using phone buttons

1.With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and SEND buttons

2.Press the END/POWER button. You will see a screen with 3

Android images at the bottom of the screen.

3.Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone.

Tip: If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.

This can be found in the user manual by clicking on this link: http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/wep/Manual/htc/Eris.pdf starting on page 211 I hope that this is helpful to you!

0 Likes