Re: Can't do ANYTHING e-mail related on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar!!?!
DoctorBlueBox
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is true. Ultimately. If it were an absolute Android OS thing, wouldn't it affect everyone.. or if it were an absolute Verizon thing, wouldn't it affect all Verizon customers? With our "luck"... it would be a combination of things, and the solution rests in these different companies actually talking to each other to work it out... which may never be likely to occur. LOL

0 Likes
sistercare

I also had this problem with aol. Followed the suggestion and went to 'others' and set up new account. It worked!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Bozobrain

If you're specifically asking me, I have no idea.  I know how to do it for Exchange, but I've never found those settings for the Live mail accounts.

0 Likes
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem with my AOL mail on my Samsung GS3.  Dec 18 was my last day of email from AOL.   I can not delete or add.  When I try to readd the account from others, I get dupilcate account warning and it will not let me continue.  I tried Samsung Care and their rep wanted me to do a factory reset, which I do not want to do.   I see in this thread that it is a Verizon issue, I hope they fix it fast.

0 Likes
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just noticed that my password keeps changing in the settings.  Could Verizon's servers be accidentally changing our passwords causing this problem?

0 Likes
Marsh511

Same situation here on my Galaxy Note 2, but for me, the "stuck" accounts are ATT.NET (Yahoo mail engine) emails that I set up as Yahoo accounts.  Got all the same things happening back around Dec 20 - 'incorrect password', etc., and then I decided just to download the Yahoo Mail app.   That now works fine, but I still have the footprint of the unusable email accounts in my Samsung email client that I can't delete (Error 503 when I try to delete - server not accessible).  While I can live with this, if my wife's Galaxy 3 runs into the same issue, she will not be able to handle this!

At one time, I figured I could set up the accounts as "other", and go through the manual POP setup (port #'s like 465 and 995), but because I already had an entry with my email address, it would not let me set up what it thought was a "duplicate" email account.

Verizon - please help resolve this situation with our Samsung devices and Yahoo/ATT email!!  (I can almost see Verizon laughing at me for having anything ATT LOL).

Thanks

0 Likes
Bozobrain

I know it sounds like a typical first-level desktop support piece of advice, but if you clear out the cache and stop the application, it will probably wipe your old e-mail address from the e-mail app on that device.

0 Likes
Bozobrain

I spoke with Verizon again today to see if they had any ETA for a fix.  They said the problem really is on Google's side, some sort of incompatibility between their servers and the various mail servers.  I'm dubious.  They also said that someone (I believe Google) is working on pushing out some updates.

For my workaround, I'll probably use the Other option in the main app, just so I get notified about e-mails coming in, even though it's POP3 mail.  Then, I'll use a shortcut to the hotmail webpage and deal with my e-mail through the browser interface.

0 Likes
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Almost one month without receiving my AOL mail on my VERIZON phone.  This is ridiculous.  I hope Verizon or Google can get their act together and stop passing the buck between one another. 

0 Likes
DoctorBlueBox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tamerg, have you tried doing the suggestion that tikibar1 offered?? Delete your account (if you haven't already done so) from your phone, and then try to set it up again under "Others" rather than with the "AOL" icon.

First go to the email application. Then tap Settings, then tap the "+" icon in the top bar.. You should see the icon with the envelope and the @ symbol, labeled "Others". 🙂

This worked for me! I hope it works for you, too.

0 Likes