Can't reply to text message
RJ4BK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get text reminders from doctor's clinics about up coming appointments.  Somehow when I was replying "yes" to a message to accept the appointment, I blocked any messages from being sent to that specific number.  I cannot figure out what I did or how to reverse it.  I can respond to anyone else and I get the text message from the doctor's clinic, I just cant respond.  When I respond, it says failed no matter if I respond or do a new text.  That # is blocked from me sending out a response.  Can anyone help me!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Can't reply to text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RJ4BK,

Help is here! Making sure that you are able to respond to these important texts are crucial. How long has this issue been happening? Have you been able to turn your phone completely off & back on to try again? Are you using the Verizon Messages app or the stock text app that came with the phone? (The Verizon Messages app is a red icon.)

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
twilsonny

I encountered the same problem. I suspect these are "premium" text messages. I launched settings -> application manager -> all -> messaging, then scroll down until you see 'permissions'. I changed mine to 'Ask' so hopefully I may find that allows me to reply.

0 Likes
JulioRacer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting the same issue. Only seems to happen for enrollments for SMS subscriptions where you have to reply w/ 'YES' to enroll. Nothing in the default Messenger app settings seem to address this. Can someone please provide an answer? Yes, I've rebooted and am on a S7 Edge running Android 8.0.0

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to reply to text messages is very important and we're sorry to hear that you're unable to respond to text messages sent to your mobile number. We thank you for providing the info about your S7 Edge device and the troubleshooting you've completed so far. Let's dig deeper into this matter. How long have you been experiencing this issue? Which messaging app are you using? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Ebeard

Stock,

0 Likes
a1lady
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is only to yes no help or a short text number

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes