Can you(VERIZON)please just release the HTC ONE details-
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I mean..... this is ridiculous... is it August first. if not release that that info is false. your holding a press conference about the motos yet say NOTHING about this years top 2 phone which you still don't carry. it makes no sense... if it were not a PAIN IN THE BUTT to leave id be gone-. but ill tell you as 1000's of others have already done-. i'm getting close. the HTC ONE is my next phone-. not the MOTO N certainly not the S4....

frustrated user.....

Labels (1)
Re: Can you(VERIZON)please just release the HTC ONE details-
Not applicable

It might be on July 23,2013 according to http://news.cnet.com

the HTC One is a nice phone. I love it.

0 Likes
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks but that's my point. new MOTO phones are coming out and because VZ likes them they are holding a press conference... one of the years hottest phones gets 0 from VZ.... they could care less what there customers want.

Comments have been edited for filter avoidance as per Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
RicksThoughts
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely agree.  Why is Verizon always behind the competition on phones?  I think both the HTC One and the Samsung S4 Active are great phones.  Verizon should really start paying attention to what their customers want.  It seems like AT&T, Sprint, etc all get it - why doesn't Verizon?  I've always enjoyed the great network...but, I too may have to leave Verizon soon as they don't seem capable of providing the best phones in a timely fashion.  I also agree that MOTO is a has been and doesn't measure up any longer.

dj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, lets look at the bright side...at least Verizon offers the Blackberry Z10 which is DOA/no body wants/orphaned phone as soon as Blackberry goes belly up.

Good job.

0 Likes
pmiddy

Yeah, VZW isn't making a great case for their new upgrade-my-phone-every-6-months plan when they aren't carrying the phones we all want and refuse to talk about it.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Blackberry is, sadly, a failure.

The windows platform also has one foot in the coffin, but yet verizon was all over having those phones from the beginning.

How is that good business sense? How many HTC and Nokia windows phones and blackberry phones have they sold?

I bet the numbers would not even hold a candle to ONE sales had they been on board at the beginning.

Oh wait, they forced HTC to make the DNA to fall under their "nobody cares, droid moniker" and so they would have stunted those sales.

If verizon would just offer the phones that the other carriers do, they would have alot more happy customers.

verizon thinks that exclusive phones will draw customers. Sadly they don't realize that isn't the case when they offer "one offs" and fail to support them down the road. The ONLY reason people use verizon is because of coverage. NOTHING else.

Now there are rumors of an HTC ONE II coming out and we'll have no chance in heck we'll see that, when everybody else does.

The announcement on the 23 will be for the Moto phones primarily. I doubt they'll mention the ONE.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What you also have to realize like with the Blackberry it was cripled coming out of the gate. Still not updated OS which makes functionality of many apps impossible.

There is now an HTC One Mini according to CNET it might be that an HTC One will be announced on Tuesday hey it could happen.

Also according to CNET the new device plans by AT&T and Verizon are not really deals at all, did you ever doubt it?

But Verizon has the distinction of having the most expensive and useless plan of all carriers.

Oh and T-Mobiles plan looks good, but CNET has stated it also is a little high priced but much better than the rest.

One can only wonder what new ways verizon will come up with to separate their customers from their money.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did we REALLY need another thread about this?

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

pmiddy wrote:

Yeah, VZW isn't making a great case for their new upgrade-my-phone-every-6-months plan when they aren't carrying the phones we all want and refuse to talk about it.

Actually, if you spoke with one of the service reps, you'll find out that your monthly bill is the same whether you buy a phone under contract ($199 up front), or if you buy the phone outright (around $700-$800).  You see they all would rather you buy the device yourself, because then they have NO cost invested in the phone, no subsidy.  I can only see in the future where NO carrier will subsidize a phone anymore.  You will have to buy your own phone and pay the same rate you're paying now to use it on their network.  Just think 100 million times $500 and you will see the extra profit they will rake in.  As you can see as one carrier does, they all do eventually. 

Aren't mergers great!?   You know, they stated that the will be able to "save money", "provide better service" and they "could" then "pass those savings on to their customers"!  HAH!

Soon, there will be limited number of good phone available.  You'll have to pay full price for them.  But!!  You'll be able to buy a new one every 6 months and make the phone companies richer!!

0 Likes