Cannot Connect To Network Or Use My Data
MandiBrookie47

I have the LG Votex and it shows that i do not have either a 1X or 3G service. I cannot get on the internet, access certain apps or send pictures, however i can text. My Global Data Roaming Access notifications pop up asking me if i could like to allow it and significantly increase my bill. I have tried messing with the GPS, Wi-fi, and network settings and also have called *228 to reprogram and update roaming, yet nothing has worked. Please help me, this has been going on for almost a week now. I have also tried turning it off and on and am considering factory data resetting it. Would that help at all?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot Connect To Network Or Use My Data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you in an area where there is supposed to be Verizon 3G network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello MandiBrookie47,

I would like to make sure your data services work the way they should! You mentioned that you are constantly getting the Data Roaming notification. If you are still in the United States and not very close to the Canadian or Mexican border that would indicate you are picking up the Extended Network. We have agreements with other carriers around the United States in areas where we have not been provided a license to distribute service. You are able to use their network as part of your normal voice and data services with no additional charge.  If Data roaming is disabled it will not allow the phone to pick up these networks.  I understand your concerns with the message about receiving additional charges but that would only apply if you were traveling outside of the United States.

To turn on Data roaming:

Press Menu

Choose Settings

Choose Wireless and Networks

Choose Mobile Networks

Choose Data Roaming and make sure checked

Please let me know if I can assist further to bring back your data services. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
stonent
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could have also lost your EVDO certificates. An easy way to get them back is to activate an old phone with your number, (just dial *228 and enter your number and password from a deactivated verizon phone) then once that phone is active and can make calls,  turn it off and do the same thing with your phone.

0 Likes