Cannot download or update apps over Wifi
makeanesc

Suddenly with no changes made to Wifi, router, phone...anything! I woke up the day before yesterday & all of my Google and Amazon related apps needed to be updated. I tried to update them all at once, I tried to update them one at a time. None of them will update. I can't download any apps either. I contacted Verizon Tech Support & they had me turn off my Wifi & BAM apps started updating. I don't want to download/update all these apps over my data connection! I have done a soft reset, a hard reset, restored my phone to factory settings, done everything in the troubleshooter online& nothing works. I suspected it was my connection but the apps won't download anywhere I go using Wifi, not just mine. I'm so frustrated! Please help if you know of anything!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot download or update apps over Wifi
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

What kind of phone do you have and what android version is it running? I would probably  be able to answer with that info.  Best I can say now is if your network comes up click,  advanced,  Change dhcp to static,  put 0.0.0.0 proxy....  If that doesn't  work I'd go ahead and do a factory reset.

0 Likes
makeanesc

I meant to say I have an LG G2 but I was pretty frustrated haha. I cleared data/cache & force stopped Google Play Store, Google Framework & Download Manager after I removed my email from my gmail account, added it back then rebooted set it all up again & turned my phone off. First error I got this morning was 403 & then apps started downloading! Sorry for the long post but I think I have it fixed. Thank you!

0 Likes
makeanesc

0 Likes