Cannot send text messages from India using LG3
smshell

I did not have any issues with text messages using default texting app when in US. But from India, I cannot send text messages. I can receive text messages, can make and receive phone calls and can send and receive messages using Whatsapp. I spent an hour with a VZW technical expert and tried various things but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot send text messages from India using LG3
smshell

I should add that I get messages which sate Network Problems, Cause Code 1 or 96.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smshell, we want you to be able to send messages from anywhere. Did you add a international package to your account before leaving to India?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a lot of things going on here. Lets take a look into this. Arte you attempting to send messages using Verizon service?  Is whatsapp the only application giving you trouble?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smshell

I am having trouble sending SMS messages using the default Messaging app on LG3 Android while I am in India. I am not having any problems receiving text messages on the default Messaging app. I am not having any problems sending or receiving messages on What's App. I added a plan which allows me to send text for $0.50 each and receive for $0.05 each before I left for India. I am not sure what this plan is called. Thank You.

0 Likes