Casio C771
CHABLA76

I have a Casio C771. How do I move currently running Apps to the SD card as internal memory is low? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio C771
boringusername
Master - Level 1

That is super old phone and can't be done. Time to upgrade. That's not even a 4G device is it? I'm shock any apps still work on it. You  really need a device with a new version of android if you want to move apps.

if you're looking for a rugged type phone tis is the closest you will get

Kyocera DuraForce PRO with Sapphire Shield | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
CHABLA76

Thanks for the input. The phone and apps work just fine. The only issue is that occasionally a message will appear on the screen saying "Internal memory is low, move running apps to the SD card." When I go to the running apps I can find an option to stop them but nothing that will let me move them. When I stop them, the next time I reboot the phone they are all there & loaded again. I have found a way to hook the phone to my computer through an USB port and move internal stored photographs to the SD card which frees up memory. Thanks again.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I'm shocked app work fine as most stop supporting Gingerbread long ago. yes you can move photos to SD card but not apps. Once again time to upgrade. By the end of 2019 that phone will no longer work on Verizon's network as Verizon is shutting down CDMA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is good that you moved the Photos to the SD card. When you go to the Applications in Settings you should see the option to Stop. What options do you see?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CHABLA76

Thank you Laural. When I go to a current running application the options

hi-lighted & available are "Uninstall Updates"; "Clear Data". The other

four are shaded and not available, they are as follows "Force Stop";

"Move to SD Card"; "Clear Cache"; & "Clear defaults". I Can stop them

but when I reboot the phone they are all there again and running.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You're just going to need to upgrade

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chabla76, thanks for clarifying those details. I have so many applications that I use, so I understand it using a lot of internal storage. After a thorough review, it shows some but not all applications can be moved to SD card. The steps to move the application to SD card would be select settings, applications, manage applications. Click on the application listed, and if it can be moved to SD card there will be a button that says move to SD card. If that does not display, that application cannot be moved to SD card. Does this provide clarity?

RodneyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under
my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in
advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes