Casio Commando PROBLEMS!
BPye

Anyone else having problem with the commandos 3G? I recently had to upgrade to get a new one after my old one crashed after updating it via *228.   My new one is now turning on and off more than the old one did, freezes, disconnects calls immideatly after dialing, blacks out the screen when trying to make a call. My calls dont come thru nor do texts, the screen becomes unresponsive. Im so mad! when i veiw innopath active care my staus says Status:Service unavailable.   Code:503   I have Android version 2.3.3 ..... Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio Commando PROBLEMS!
jbuzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, you are describing the normal behavior of my Commando for the entire year I have had it.  No Verizon "tech support" has fixed any of the issues. 

The only way I have found to stay sane is to use this phone in completely factory default settings.  Do a total factory reset and wipe the phone. 

I have my email account setup in the pre-installed gmail app and my phone contact list.  That is it.  If I put any other apps or change any settings the phone becomes totally disfunctional.

0 Likes
4thmort

This phone is crap.  I have had it for 21 days and the store I bought it from is giving me the run around over this 14 day BS. I have to yank the battery 2-3 times per day.  I just re-upped with Verizon but the shabby service will have me looking elsewhere.

0 Likes
MBentonjr1985

Mine freezes, I have to hard restarted constantly. Now it kicks me out of my apps every 5 seconds. Of course when you go to use the device chat feature to inquire on the problem them idiots are always busy. I asked them about it before and all they say is they are fixing the problem and all they can do is send me a certified preowned replacement which is just as crappy as the original.

0 Likes
estherbha

My boyfriend just got the Commando on the 15th, and it has been shutting off, freezing, not receiving calls or texts.  Verizon won't let us return it or exchange it for a different phone because we don't have the box anymore.  I'm so disappointed, and he's thinking about just purchasing a new phone, which will cost him upwards of $400.  I'm so frustrated with Verizon Wireless and the Casio Commando!

0 Likes
depicktest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had mine for over three years with no problems until they pushed an update to it in January.  Since then, it freezes, battery drains in minutes, drops calls or doesn't ring at all.  I completed the factory reset as advised with no improvement.  I too am VERY frustrated with Verizon.  Luckily my contract expired and I am month to month.  Now I just have to find another phone that is rugged.

0 Likes