Re: Casio Gzone Commando phone
Tidbits
Legend

Regardless it still have a reason why it cracked. There is no telling why it cracked for your friend.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Casio Commando was built to the Military Specifications to withstand the extreme environments. It should work in cold temperatures and altitude.

I know of one owner with a Commando and while they don't have the altitude to deal with they do have the cold and dirty environment to contend with. The phone has worked fine for the so far nine months of ownership.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lmp123

The military standard is why we purchased the phone. Glad your friends phone is good.

0 Likes
lmp123

One would think that this military standard phone would have a shatterproof screen. I believe it is called gorilla glass. Does casio expect soldiers to be carefull not to bump or smash there phone! Really! I will ask a military friend what he thinks of this phone. All the reviews that we read made the phone sound like the best thing since sliced bread! Yes we looked at many reviews online before paying almost $200 and agreeing to another 2 year contract. This is a very depressing problem and has me very upset! I have spoken to 3 verizon reps and a rep at Casio. They pretty much are saying "To bad to sad!" You are stuck with spending another $100 by usin the insurance!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

@Imp123 GG isn't all that it's cracked up to be(pun intended). Things break and there is a lot of factors as to why. I know countless people breaking GG screens dropping it only at 3ft.

0 Likes
lmp123

Very sad that the newer phones break so easily and only last 6 months.

I dropped my old phone many times and the screen never cracked. The back would pop off and the battery would pop out. The battery even had a nick in it. I guess the manufacturers weren't making enough money and made the phones break easier to make more money.

0 Likes
armyofmunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

You do know that there is a 1 year warranty on that phone before your insurance has to be use for things like that. It's called reading your paperwork that comes with the phone quite winning.

jokerswild66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Several years ago I bought the very first Gz one. I can't say enough about that phone! I had that phone for 5 years and I was NOT easy on it. Five years, same battery, same charger, same everything. I bought it because I am not the most graceful woman and I am a construction worker. That phone ended up in a J-John, submerged in disinfectant, "of course", rinsed with the water truck's side sprayer, dropped countless times, and it was ran over 3 times. The best phone I have EVER owned. My only gripe with it was when I finely decided it was time to get a new phone I found out that although they had thought of everything else when designing the phone they forgot to design a way for you to get you pictures, music, etc. off the phone.

Soooo, I decided "several years later" to buy the Gz Commando with all the bells and whistles. What was I thinking?!? I have had nothing but trouble with this phone. Everything from turning its self on and off to eating through through 4 gigs of data in minutes "not exaggerating even the tiniest bit" to not ringing. The Verizon Tech I spoke with started laughing when I answered his question of "What is wrong with your phone" with "My phone is possessed". I was serious. They actually replaced my brand new phone with a refurbished one "The new phone was only 6 weeks old" and I am now having problems with the replacement.

I told you all this so you would understand exactly why I am telling everyone I possibly can to use two tin cans and a string before buying a Gz One Commando. I can't believe I am actually saying that as I was such an advocate for the first Gz One but I am and if you go ahead and buy one after all that's been said by me and everyone else then I guess you are into pain and good luck to you.

0 Likes
Pops58

Sorry to hear you about your troubles with the Commando.  I know crap like that can happen, been there done that with, Nexus. But I got a Commando in January....best move I ever made! Works like a champ and is durable as they come.  I have already dropped it on concrete, gotten it wet with stuff you can't imagine (I work in a dirty industry), and it keeps on working.

Hope your experience improves.

Now if we could only fix Verizon's approach to customer service......"what's that?" I hear Verizon say.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jokerswild66,

I am sad to hear about the problems with your phone. The G'Zone line up of phones are awesome! I am shocked to learn of these problems. Please share some detail on what'
s going on with the replacement. I would love to get it up and running for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes