Cell Service absolutely sucks
mbmcbain

I pay for the 4G LTE however most of the time I only have 1 bar and it's on 1x. I've tried *228 but it doesn't help whatsoever. Why am I even paying for this if I can't use it? How can I improve service? I can't even send a text or call in case of emergency because it's so horrid.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell Service absolutely sucks
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't dial *228 to update the PRL on a 4G phone, that's handled automatically by the SIM card.  Have you tried resetting the SIM card?  In other words, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (try not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow it a few minutes to establish a fresh network connection.  Also try setting the phone to LTE/CDMA rather than Global.

fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know about the Fruity phones but on Android you can go into the settings and their will either be an option for just doing the PRL update or it will look for one when you click the System Updates option. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Fruity Phones" I love that description, fezzik.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ya it has nice ring to it. b

0 Likes