Changing owner's name in device
Marly70

For some unknown reason my phone changed my name to someone else's .. I'm referring to the name that appears on the screen when I do the "ok Google". The name it changed it to happens to be someone that I recently added to my address book. I've had the phone for two years, and can't remember the original set-up, and can't find where to change it under Settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing owner's name in device
Tidbits
Legend

There is probably a me contact generally at the top where you put your info in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marly70, being able to customize the phone to your liking is what we want. Let’s look more into this. What’s the make/model of the phone? Was there any changes to the phone prior to this issue?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Marly70

The phone is a Motorola Droid Ultra, with  the 4.4.4 version installed. My name is Marly, and this is what the screen shows when I say the "ok Google" command Smiley Happy Odd! As the other person suggested, I've ensure the "me" entry in the address book is correct. There hasn't been any other modifications made to the phone, other than an automatic update a few days ago.

2016-05-19 23.42.02.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely a great feature to have with your phone Marly. We want to make sure we get this working and showing your name. Let's have you disable this feature and reset it back up. Click here for the steps: http://spr.ly/6586BqJgi. Once you have completed the setup, please restart your device. When it comes back up, please test to see if it is still showing the other contact's name.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Marly70

Tried the step-by-step instructions and rebooted the phone. Still shows the wrong name "Lowell" Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for following those steps, Marly70. We are definitely committed to getting this figured out. So I have a better understanding I have a few questions. Do you have more than one Google account on the device? Has there been any recent changes on the device besides the software update?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes