Color looks distorted when I watch a movie on Google Play on my Samsung Galaxy tablet.
landmank

Whenever I play a movie or tv show in Google Play, it looks normal in the preview screen, and then when I hit play, it turns to a greenish color over everything.  It only happens in this app, youtube and other display all look normal.  Sometimes it goes back to normal on it's own temporarily, but then it turns green again.  Any ideas how to fix?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Color looks distorted when I watch a movie on Google Play on my Samsung Galaxy tablet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does sound strange. I have a recommendation. Let's try settings>applications>manage applications>The all tab>select google play and clear the data and cache. Please power cycle after this has been completed and retest. We will ber here for the results.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Color looks distorted when I watch a movie on Google Play on my Samsung Galaxy tablet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience and I'm here to help. When did the problem begin? If you have a cell phone with us, does the issue occur when viewing the movies from your cell phone as well? Has your tablet been exposed to any physical or water damager?
AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
landmank

No, it only happens on the tablet and only with Google Play. No damage of

any kind, everything else works great on the tablet and the color is fine

for everything else.

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does sound strange. I have a recommendation. Let's try settings>applications>manage applications>The all tab>select google play and clear the data and cache. Please power cycle after this has been completed and retest. We will ber here for the results.
BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
landmank

Ok that helped figure out the problem a little more - when I cleared the

data and cache and it had to play the videos from the cloud, the color was

normal. Then when I downloaded the videos again and tried playing the ones

that were on the tablet, the color was distorted again. So the problem has

to do with downloaded videos.

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

landmank, thank you so much for those details. I want to make sure we're on the same page. The color is different on the videos that you downloaded from the Google Play Store?
KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
landmank

Yes, I bought the video from the Google play store and if I watch it from

the cloud, it looks normal. But if I download it and then try to watch it,

the color is distorted.

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

landmark Thank you for the details. We're sorry that your videos aren't playing correctly. Are you only having issues with videos from Google Play or does this happen with You Tube videos also?

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
landmank

No, it's only on downloaded videos from google play.

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes