Complaint
Frenche1
Enthusiast - Level 1

February 19th the day before flying out of the country, my husband and I stopped at the Verizon store located at the South Portland ME Mall.  He needed a new cover, but was talked into a new phone (Samsung S6), which ended up saving us $1.00 in our monthly bill.  The day after coming back from our trip we saw an ad on TV for the new Samsung S7 released 2 days after we had purchased the new phone.  There was never any mention about this new phone coming out while we were at the store buying the S6.  So today, being within our 14 day return policy, headed back to our local Verizon store only to be told we were out of luck and they can't take the recently purchased phone back into their stock.  Evidently, the clearly marked Verizon Store, that only sells Verizon products is a franchise and the phone can only be returned there.  How are we as customers supposed to distinguish between a corporate store and a franchise store.  We're not in a position to drive 45 minutes to South Portland, nor would we make it before they close.  I am SO LIVID!  I've been a customer of Verizon since cell phones were invented and currently have 6 lines to a tune of $320.00 a month!  This is the first time since being a customer that I can honestly say they have lost my business.  I am done with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frenche1,

We're certainly sorry for this experience and the confusion that this has caused. We have many indirect retailers big and small and these locations should be labeled clearly to prevent issues such as this. For example, you may see the Verizon logo followed by "Authorized Dealer" or "Premium Retailer" to identify these locations. Once again we apologize for the confusion, but these indirect locations would have separate stock and at times separate promotions so any returns would need to be performed at the original store location or another location of the same indirect chain e.g., Best Buy.

We know that getting the latest and greatest device is always exciting and when it comes to purchasing a phone we always want you to have the device you want. Unfortunately we are not always made aware of the specific launch dates, so if you we're not informed that the S7 was coming out it is likely that  the information was not even yet available to our representatives. And while Samsung Galaxy S7 is indeed coming out, it would only be available for Pre-order at this time. Meaning that had you returned to the store location to return the S6 you would then need to reactivate your previous phone until the S7 would finally be released and ready to be shipped.

AdamGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes