Complaints About Verizon Apps & Notifications
NewHTC10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a line with Sprint and another with Verizon now. I am pleased with my new HTC 10 on Verizon except for the following:

1. Verizon pre-installed apps

2. A notification I receive every time I turn off mobile data. Do we really need a notification window to tell us when we turn mobile data off that we can't use video chat or any other services? At least give us the option to never display that notification screen again.

I am going to call and talk to everyone at Verizon until I can get these issues addressed. I paid close to $700 for my phone. I don't want to disable Verizon apps, I want the option to uninstall them. It's my phone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaints About Verizon Apps & Notifications
Tidbits
Legend

Then you should do the same with Sprint if you have a problem with pre-installed apps. The reason why we pay cheaper for devices is because of these pre-installed apps. Europeans would love to pay your price

0 Likes
NewHTC10
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a difference with Sprint. They allow you to uninstall their apps aside from the bill payment app for Sprint. With Verizon you can't uninstall anything. I think a vast majority of us don't mind paying more for a phone without the Verizon garbage apps. That's the reason we buy unlocked phones. And Verizon won't allow you to buy an unlocked phone for their network. This would allow you to receive updates directly from HTC opposed to waiting on slow updates from Verizon. Sprint gets their updates out pretty quick.

If you buy a phone from HTC for the Verizon network the phone comes locked. And it will still contain their garbage apps. It's not that way with T-Mobile or AT&T if you buy an unlocked phone directly from HTC.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean locked? The phone is definitely not SIM locked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I feel the same way. Every time I turn off mobile data I see that same pop up. There is no option to prevent it from coming up every time you do so. The same thing happens in the notification tray whenever I get on Wi-Fi. The notification tray tells me what network I connect to. There is no option to prevent this from showing. The preloaded apps are the worst thing. It wouldn't matter if they allow us to uninstall them but they don't. I wish we had the ability to uninstall these apps. I also wish we had the ability to use the unlocked HTC 10 on Verizon. The only difference is the software for the Verizon version. Verizon customized this thing for no reason. The unlocked HTC 10 and the Verizon HTC 10 have the same FCCID. They are the same phone. I paid full price for this phone so I want it to be the way that I want it. The unlocked HTC 10 has an update that improves the camera. When will the Verizon version get this update? No one knows. It shouldn't be like this but it's Verizon. I really hope they allow the Unlocked HTC 10 to work on Verizon soon. No reason for it not to.

Tidbits
Legend

No they don't let you uninstall their apps. They just disable them... Do a factory reset and what them all come back. If they actually let you remove them they'd never come back on a factory reset.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can use it but you lose out on some carrier features.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I have a Moto X Pure Edition and I still had HD calling. I guess the only feature that I would lose is the video calling. I'd be ok with that. I still have visual voice mail on my Moto X Pure Edition as well.

0 Likes
NewHTC10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree. I purchased my phone at full price. I was trying to track down who deals with this at Verizon. It was like deer in the headlights over the phone. Tech support and customer service don't know their company hierarchy. No clue who actually changes the OS for Android at all. I was trying to call an exec for Verizon to get answers. Guess what? She doesn't accept phone calls.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IT doesn't matter how much you paid, the phone will have apps and et Cetera depending on the carrier. If you don't like it and within the return policy take it back, or cancel the service and sell the phone if you paid for it in full. There's nothing else you can do.

0 Likes