Complete lack of customer service
cap4369
Enthusiast - Level 1

How many of you out there are totally dissatisfied with verizons' customer service? I think it should be called Lack of Service. I have spent nearly 1 1/2 hours on the phone over the last 2 days only to be disconnected. Not once, not twice, but 6 times. I have been a customer for over 20 years, and this is absolutely NOT the company it used to be. Tomorrow I am changing companies. Maybe if enough people leave, verizon will get the message

Re: Complete lack of customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not the best and would like to assist you here. How can we make this experience better for you? -Jasper

0 Likes
rdcormia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I second and third this message, I left AT&T five years ago because they were incompetent, but at least they picked up the phone! It's absolutely clear that Verizon doesn't care a bit about customer service. As long as most people have working phones, that's all that matters. For people with support, tough luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, rdcormia. We can help you with all your technical needs for your Verizon Wireless service here. I sent you a Private Note, please check for the note, to proceed.  *Cassie

0 Likes
kaybracon
Contributor - Level 1

I switched my 3 lines back to Verizon about a month ago.  The customer service has been abysmal.  I am truly sorry I switched.  I've started using chat only, asking for the chat ID at the end, and then emailing myself a copy of the chat.  They will say  absolutely anything over the phone, and then there is no proof that you were told the wrong thing.  This applies to both technical support and account questions.

Here's a fun example of the technical support I've encountered: I called because after switching, my son could make phone calls, but he was unable to receive them.  Texting and data worked fine.  I called tech support, and explained that he couldn't receive calls, but could place them.  The first thing the agent suggested: Make sure the phone isn't in airplane mode. Even when I told the agent that it wasn't possible for the phone to be in airplane mode while making calls, the agent still insisted that I CALL MY SON AND ASK IF HIS PHONE IS IN AIRPLANE MODE!

Also, there is a bug in their website chat software. Chatting in the chat popup does not reset the website timeout; you have to periodically go click on something on the webpage to reset it.  If the chat time exceeds the VZW website logout time (which is pretty much always the case), then your chat will disconnect, and you'll have to close it and go login again.

Irishryno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely true.  I don't know what happened either but it is the worst now.  We've been with them 18 years but that may not last much longer.  The problem is, who is any better?  Ug

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Irishryno, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We value your 18+ years of loyalty. Making sure you receive outstanding customer support at all times is vital. We are here to help. Can you please provide more details about your concern?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
jt10128
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are beyond awful, I have spent dozens of hours trying to fix dropped calls issue. Two years ago I struggled to get their Mobile + Home rewards, it took 3 months and a complaint to the BBB to get it fixed. It's not worth it, I'm taking my money elsewhere. Verizon wireless is the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are truly sorry about the whole ordeal! One of our main goals is to provide you a great service experience and it saddens us to learn you feel this way about us. Please tell us, what can we do to turn this experience around?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
jt10128
Enthusiast - Level 2

Start by admitting that your customer service s#cks, which you are aware of through this forum, Twitter feeds, BBB complaints, customer satisfaction surveys and countless complaints elsewhere (Google "verizon s#cks"). Disable your automatic phone system, chat bots, and have competent humans answer customer calls without any wait time. Never put your customers on hold and make your chat one on one, not five on one. Closely monitor your agents and fire rude agents immediately. Take your customers seriously and resolve their issues instead of denying them. Start troubleshooting on your end, not customer's end. Follow up on every reported issue until it's resolved to your customer's satisfaction and compensate them for their trouble.

In other words, provide basic customer service. And why are you censoring the word "s#cks", which is a fair description of your current customer service???