Connecting to Go Daddy
PM

My purpose 2 months ago when I changed wireless provider and bought the Droid was for the many business services it would provide me when traveling or away from my office, namely email and voice mail and no more dropped calls.  Voice mail is great - no dropped calls after switching to Verizon - no problems.

Email -- Big problem!  Our company server is Go Daddy which, after recently spending several hours at a service location the service representative informed me that Droid does not play well with non-Google servers and that Go Daddy was one of those on "the list" they had received.  I now randomly receive email (mostly not at all) and it crashes constantly. I have worked with Go Daddy extensively and have tried all of the suggestions from both Go Daddy and Verizon Service Center with no luck. The Verizon representative thought that perhaps someone in the Community may have discovered a fix. 

I understood from the Verizon rep that Google has updated software recently which has made connecting with Go Daddy even harder.  I received email for the 1st month perfectly - and all went out the window about the time Google updated so it makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated - I spent LOTS of money paying a penalty to switch from another wireless carrier, getting the Droid and Email & Web for Smartphone device.  The representative's solution was to buy a Blackberry -- --  NO - I don't think I will BUY anything more - just make this work or switch me out for a Blackberry.  The Droid was purchased with the understanding that it did email with no problems.  At no time was I informed of any conflicts.

I am very disappointed - especially since most of the company I work for chose AT&T with iPhones and I chose what I thought was better -- Verizon with a Droid.  Maybe not a good choice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes