Receive error message when I select  anything in FB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connetion problem in Facebook with Marshmellow
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have power saver mode on, turn it off. I had to do this to get some of my applications to work correctly, one of them being Facebook.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there kapierce.

I know how important being able to access Social Media is. What kind of device do you have specifically? Do you have Wi-Fi turned on, or are you using your mobile data? Do you have troubles with any other apps on the device, since the update?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kapierce

I have the Samsung S6. It happens with WiFi or Data. I'm not having this problem with any other apps

0 Likes
LakeGuy2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Turbo 2 also does this. Whenever on either wifi or data, it says "can't connect right now." The web app works fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Facebook application is well known to be buggy.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have an awesome phone kapierce and I know its critical to stay connected via your social media apps. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Have you tried to remove/disable the Facebook application and redownload it to your phone? Sometimes certain apps may not be fully compatible with updated software.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have power saver mode on, turn it off. I had to do this to get some of my applications to work correctly, one of them being Facebook.

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is apparently a small bug within the new update that can cause this when the"power saver mode" is on.

0 Likes
kapierce

I'll try this. My work around right now is to "Force Stop" the app, then it works. But I don't want to do this forever

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having to do the same exact thing. I've had my power saver off for over a week now and it has worked great, of course besides my battery draining quicker, but I just got some extra chargers for work and my car.

0 Likes