Constant wifi notifications - HTC One (M8)
cadiehl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get constant constant wifi notifications on this phone. It's my first Android. It drives me crazy. I will leave work and be in the parking lot and get 10 different notifications of available wifi connections. This is just nuts. Is there a way to stop this nonsense? I'll be sitting at home and it tells me every so often that I am connected to my own wifi network.... How do you stop this?

Thanks,

CD

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Constant wifi notifications - HTC One (M8)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cadiehl1962,

You've reached the right place for help! In order to adjust these notifications, go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Select menu key in upper left hand corner represented by three dots>Select Advanced. From here uncheck the notify me option and test.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cadiehl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, tried that already.... does not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cadiehl1962, sorry it wasn't so simple a solution as the setting. Try placing the device in Safe Mode and retest: http://vz.to/1h0xFP7 . Let us know if you still have the problem in SafeMode.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

JAKEBCK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also find this frustrating!!!   The notify "check" option only effects the "pop up" to connect when entering apps.  It does not stop the phone from constantly putting a notification into the android system about networks available.  

Prior to lollipop it was just  annoying.  Now with the update it is down right intrusive because it keeps coming up on my lock screen as the top notification.  Called HTC and they claim it is a Verizon change. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE ROOT PHONES.  Please tell me how to stop this top notification.  Wireless networks are all over the place!! you do not need to keep telling me!!!

Screenshot_2015-03-06-15-41-26.gif

white_star_32
Enthusiast - Level 1

came here and made an account because of this!! This is the first android phone I've had that I've not rooted. but for the first time I didn't really have a desire to root/use a custom rom. But this notification is ridiculously annoying. Lollipop makes it intrusive now.

Is verizon going to issue a fix?

noname1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with it being intrusive now. before the new lollipop update that just went out I could atleast ignore it and it wouldnt bother me. Now it's everywhere.  First thing I get to see when I press the top bottom.   ....already considering a change.     Don't update my phone and  change things I can't change back making me hate my phone.     Would be jumping ship if I had to put up with that and the new tabs combined with recent places.  Thank God you gave me the option to turn that off and keep my phone the same.    That's like changing the qwerty keyboard on someone, I can do it with my eyes closed and thankfully still can.  Please fix!!

0 Likes
Panman82

Same here, registered just to post this! Really annoyed, getting fed up with the damn notification. @JAKEBCK is right, this is why people root phones. Verizon needs to stay out of such ROM modifications!

0 Likes
JuanNut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll tell you why Verizon does this, it's so that you'll get so annoyed with it that you turn off wifi and use more data. Then you'll exceed your data plan and pay them more  money