Contact lookup and notifications in Message+ app on Android
SamBou

Looking up contacts returns non-mobile numbers and email addresses; you can't limit to mobile only.  Some other messaging app have this setting.  I can't send text messages to an email, so why is it bringing them up?

Also, notifications is sporadic at best. Often times I hear a notification sound, but there is no message icon in the notification bar of the phone.  Glancing at the screen shows that no new messages are available, yet there are multiple ones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact lookup and notifications in Message+ app on Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamBou

I know how important it is to be able to quickly send a new text message. What make and model phone are you using? When you view your contacts, are all the contacts correct to what you have saved on your phone?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Messages+ bringing up ALL the contact info (emails, and all the phone numbers) has been an issue with the latest update.  It's been mentioned on a few different threads.  Yes, it's not convenient to have to sift through all the info to find the mobile phone number to text!!  Maybe it will be fixed in a later update? Contact the developers (find them on the play store page for the app) and see if they can let YOU decide what info you want to see.

And, just FYI - you CAN send a text to an email address, but it will come from your phone number, and replies to the email will come back to you as a text.

tonen1chols

These upgrade has totally messed up my contacts etc.

I am a business owner and this is a big deal.

0 Likes