Contacts has stopped working
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

I receive the message "Unfortunately contacts has stopped working" every time I make or receive a phone call.  I have cleared the cache from all apps, done a soft restart.  This is VERY ANNONYING.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts has stopped working
Snn5
Legend

Remove the Google account from the phone.  No app removals.  Its a 15 sec process.  You go to you settings then accounts.  Press menu or long press the google account and remove, then re-add by logging back in.

View solution in original post

TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Don't be shy, you have to share a bit more! What kind of phone do you have ?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, depending on phone and if you received an OS update recently, this contacts error could be anything from facebook needing to be uninstalled to needing something like Contacts Fixxer app installed to checking your Google account and all other accounts in "Accounts in settings" and making sure sync is set up correctly.

0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, it's the Motorola Moto X.  It is driving me nuts.  I've looked all over the internet and seems to be a common problem but suggested fixes haven't worked for me.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get your phone working properly HollyNichols. When did this error message start appearing on your phone? Does it randomly come up when you are on a phone call or only when you are looking through your contacts? Has there been any recent changes made to your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

It happens consistently whenever I receive or make a call.  It has  been doing it a couple of months now.  i uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook and do not have the contacts synced.  No changes that I am aware of.  Really appreciate any help you can provide!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
HollyNichols, let's get you back on track with your Contacts. I understand how important they are. Please go to your Settings/Application/Contacts once here please chose to Clear Cache. This will update. Then power cycle your phone and check the status.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

When I go to Settings and check apps, Contacts is not listed there??????

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I think it might have something to do with contacts syncing to your Google Account.  I had this issue on a Moto Razr maxx long ago and found that if I went to my Account in the phone settings and tapped Google account, that "sync had experienced an issue" and found that I could remove that account and re-add it.  That worked for me.

0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

You mean remove my required gmail account and then add it back?  I am really unhappy with this Moto X, had a LOT of problems/issues with it. 

0 Likes