Continuum usb connection problems
Jinebiebe

Hello,

I have a problem with my usb connection between my phone and computer. I've tried plugging my phone into multiple computers, but the usb connection symbol isn't showing up on my phone. I'm not sure what I should do to get my phone to see that it's connected to a computer. It charges, but doesn't show the usb connection. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Continuum usb connection problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

favoredgrace2012, I understand how frustrating you and the community are with this issue. Connecting your computer to your phone can have many benefits and I'm sorry you are having issues. I first would like to recommend checking your USB settings on your device. I have listed a few steps below to checking some of the USB settings on your device.

Directions for enabling debugging:

1) From a home screen, select Applications.

2) Select Settings.

3) Select Applications.

4) Select Development.

5) Select USB debugging to enable / disable.
--Enabled when a green check mark is present.
--If prompted, select OK.

Updating USB Storage info: The device must contain a memory card.

1) Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.

2) From the home screen, select and hold the status bar (located at the top of the display).

3)Drag the window shade to the bottom of the display.

4) Select USB connected.

5) Select Connect USB storage.
--If presented, select OK.

Please keep me posted on the status of your issue. Please let me know checking the settings above helped with your issue. The last step to try in resolving this issue is a hard reset on your device. Here is a link with info about the hard reset and steps http://bit.ly/xa6Y5v .

KinquanaH_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You could try a different USB cable.  If it's messed up, the phone may be seeing it as AC power and therefore not attempting to look for a data connection.

0 Likes
great4702

I have had the same problem. have you resolved the problem? all of answers that I can find are about usb cable, or setting on the phone to be "mass storage", which are not helping my problem at all.

0 Likes
garyvestal1

Hi, great4702.

Are you trying to connect your Continuum to PC to transfer files?

0 Likes
great4702

Yes. I am. I have to remove micro SD card to get the picture file moved.
After the upgrade to Froyo, I noticed that it takes about 10 times longer to USB (about from 10 seconds to PC to respond that UBS external card to about one minute) to recognized. But about a month later, PC's nor my car audio (which has USB port that used to play my music files (MP3, WMA etc) as if I had usb memory card) won't recognize Continuum any more.

0 Likes
favoredgrace2012

I am unfortunately also having this same exact problem. I have already had my continuum replaced, because of this issue. I went to the store with my first phone, because after an update it would no longer connect. Now, my replacement (which I've had for since the beginning of the year) does not connect to any PC - no matter which phone cord I use. I know it's not the cord, because my brother has an android and can pick up my cord, plug his phone in, and it works... It's very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

favoredgrace2012, I understand how frustrating you and the community are with this issue. Connecting your computer to your phone can have many benefits and I'm sorry you are having issues. I first would like to recommend checking your USB settings on your device. I have listed a few steps below to checking some of the USB settings on your device.

Directions for enabling debugging:

1) From a home screen, select Applications.

2) Select Settings.

3) Select Applications.

4) Select Development.

5) Select USB debugging to enable / disable.
--Enabled when a green check mark is present.
--If prompted, select OK.

Updating USB Storage info: The device must contain a memory card.

1) Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.

2) From the home screen, select and hold the status bar (located at the top of the display).

3)Drag the window shade to the bottom of the display.

4) Select USB connected.

5) Select Connect USB storage.
--If presented, select OK.

Please keep me posted on the status of your issue. Please let me know checking the settings above helped with your issue. The last step to try in resolving this issue is a hard reset on your device. Here is a link with info about the hard reset and steps http://bit.ly/xa6Y5v .

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Teacher643

Another solution:

1) Choose Settings

2) Choose Applications

3) Choose All (top menu)

4) Scroll down and then choose Settings

5) Choose Clear Data

This seemed to work for me

0 Likes