Dmbondo

I copied several things, but I don't know how to retrieve what I copied. Help. Lol.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Copy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmbondo, I understand the expectation you had set for content copied to the clipboard. Smartphones are very similar to computers in that way. It is never truly saved unless you save the file with a name and folder.

If you go into the Play Store and type "clipboard manager" you will see several third party applications to choose from. I suggest thoroughly reading the reviews and checking out the app comments about issues or recently fixed issues.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are trying to copy and paste the info, then once it's copied, go to where you want o paste it.  Long press, and the Paste option will come up, tap it and the info will be pasted.  Doing it this way, you can't copy multiple items to paste - you have to do each one individually.

There are apps (clipboard managers) that will allow multiple copy/paste simultaneously.  Check the playstore for clipboard managers.

0 Likes
Dmbondo

Where do I find clipboard?  I copied something on Facebook, but I have no idea if it copies to my phone and where. I tried to look under HELP on my phone, but I don't get any info.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmbondo, when copying an item on your phone, while the image does go to this clipboard, it is truly saved just for copying to another location. For example, when copying a picture and then going to a text and long pressing the dialog box, you will see the clipboard option appear to paste that image. However, these images are not stored for future viewing unless you choose to download an application for viewing clipboard that can be found in the Play Store.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dmbondo

So, are you saying that it will say "copied", but in reality it's not? Unless, I install an app on Playstore? That should be factory installed, disappointed.  What appears would you recommend? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmbondo, I understand the expectation you had set for content copied to the clipboard. Smartphones are very similar to computers in that way. It is never truly saved unless you save the file with a name and folder.

If you go into the Play Store and type "clipboard manager" you will see several third party applications to choose from. I suggest thoroughly reading the reviews and checking out the app comments about issues or recently fixed issues.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Dmbondo

Before I install an app for COPY, where does it go now? Limbo? Don't get it, sorry.

0 Likes
Dmbondo

Thank you.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dmbondo wrote:

Before I install an app for COPY, where does it go now? Limbo? Don't get it, sorry.

Yes, it is sort of "in limbo" - it's on a virtual "clipboard", and from there you can paste it into another place (a text message, a word processing doc, etc) and then save that document or send the text.n  Once you copy something else to the clipboard, the first item is gone, unless you have an app that allows multiple items.

It is much the same as the copy/paste functions on your computer - you have to paste whatever you copied to be able to save it for future use.

0 Likes