Re: Corporate Exchange email not working with SD card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for keeping us posted, LEO_DELAFUENTE. That's an excellent question. We can check to see if the issue is isolated to the SD card by testing it on another device and finding out if the other device can read the card. Or, we can also test another SD card on your device. However, based on the details you've shared, it's possible that the Exchange Admin configuration in use by the server may be blocking access. May I ask if you've previously contacted your Exchange Admin to find out if this may be a possibility? If so, what did they advise?

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

Laura

Thanks for your help. I already contacted my IT Admin at the University (the ones in charge of the email account I am trying to use) and they do not know how to fix the problem. they were not aware that SD cards can be a problem. Do you know if this is a setting they can manage? If so I can ask them to do it.

I will check the SD card in another phone and will let you know

Leo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that you have reached out to your IT team, even though they're just as puzzled about the issue. I understand the importance of having the extra storage on your device as well. How did you set up your corporate email? Was it through the native, pre-installed application or through an application downloaded through the Google Play Store?

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

The email was set by Exchange, already installed in the phone.

I tried the SD card in a different phone and it works perfectly. I conclude that the SD card is not the problem

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sd cards are cheap!!

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

I do not understand your comment. I just said that the SD card is NOT the problem. I know they are cheap, but buying more of them will not fix the problem. did you read the email trail?.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

yes i did & at no point did i  hear you say you replaced the card to confirm.

sd cards don't last indefinitely.

amazing that your institution can offer any remedies.

same old song & dance, if it works without the card, why go thru all the aggravation of getting the card to work.

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

I initially ask this question to know if it was possible to use an SD card AND check my work email at the same time.

thanks you for helping me conclude what I knew before I wrote the question in your website.

sorry to wasting your time and my time

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the sd card is storage device & doesn't send/receive email, that's done by the email program.

you've chased this for 2+ weeks & didn't waste my time.

fwiw:

when i find a work around, i stick with it rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

0 Likes