Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Covid-19 tracker app installed WITHOUT PERMISSION
Tailos

So I noticed that there is now a Covid-19 tracking app on my phone! This was not something that i agreed to have installed, consented to have installed, wanted installed, or anything else! This is an invasion of my privacy!

How do I get this invasive app OFF MY PHONE??! 

0 Likes
Re: Covid-19 tracker app installed WITHOUT PERMISSION
jav6
Leader

@Tailos wrote:

So I noticed that there is now a Covid-19 tracking app on my phone! This was not something that i agreed to have installed, consented to have installed, wanted installed, or anything else! This is an invasion of my privacy!

What make/model phone do you have?  What is the app's name?   You don't have the option like with most other apps, via Settings->Apps->(select app)->Uninstall/Disable/Remove Updates?

Are you sure it is actually an app?  See https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2020/06/20/have-apple-and-google-suddenly-uploaded-a-covid-...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Covid-19 tracker app installed WITHOUT PERMISSION
jav6
Leader

@Tailos wrote:

From that link I posted, Google has prepped for when YOU want to download and use a COVID-19 tracking app.  This is NOT an app.  Here is a screenshot from my Android phone's Settings->Google Services & preferences.  If you select COVID-19 Exposure Notifications, it tells you 'To turn on COVID-19 Exposure Notifications, install or finish setting up a participating app'

Google COVID-19 prep.png

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes