Re: Cramming
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with spaceduckie. The description provided of Get it Now slacker radio suggests a subscription that someone signed up for. Check your phones and unsubscribe from it and uninstall it. Call and cancel the subscription. You might also be able to remove through your MyVerizon account.

For it to be repeatedly on the bill, it had to have been added by someone at some point on a phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
apainttown
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am not subscribed to any extra service that would allow me to be billed every month.  customer service  and myself go over this every month. everybody agrees the charge should not be there. we go over my services line by line..every month and , again, everybody agrees the charges should not be there and are immediately removed.  so once again i have to spend time correcting the bill..month after month.

it is much easier for me to believe that the profit motive is allowing reluctance on the part of customer customer service to permanently correct the problem.

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

Send me a PM with your # or email. Per TOS on here, I can't post what I

want to say, but it WILL resolve your issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello apainttown,
I certainly understand an unknown reoccurring charge can be frustrating and I would like to help.  I will need to investigate your account.  Please send me a DM with your name and mobile number, so I may further assist.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JockeyBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been wondering if Verizon has ever instituted the Data Charge Task Force as required in the FCC Consent Decree of Oct 28, 2010.

I had data charges problems and with six months of complaining to VZW customer service the Data Charge Task Force was never mentioned.

They were also required to train their CS reps on these points but apparently that hasn't been done either.

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

It has all been done. We received a crap load of training after that

ruling. And tphe data task force isn't like some magical team we can

transfer the call to.

Of all the calls I got in customer care about data, i would have to say

that 95% of the data charges I saw were valid. The problem comes down to

wording and customer education. as well as knowing what causes data charges.

On Jun 16, 2012 4:45 AM, "JockeyBurns" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
JockeyBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spaceduckie,

Addressing your points individually, if I may...

It has all been done. We received a crap load of training after that ruling.

Clearly the “crap load of training” you underwent was not effective. Possibly you meant to say “training load of crap”.

And tphe (sic) data task force isn't like some magical team we can transfer the call to.

The FCC didn’t stipulate that the team had to be “magical”, but they were absolutely clear on the DCTF’s responsibilities and the requirements for when data charge complaints were to be bumped up to the DCTF.  I see nothing in the mandate where following the guidelines would be considered “magic”. If YOU see it as “magical” then since Verizon agreed to it they would have to perform (that “magic”) under it.

Of all the calls I got in customer care about data, i would have to say that 95% of the data charges I saw were valid. 

For the period covered in the FCC decree, your observation of  “95% of the data charges” being contested “were valid” is in direct conflict with Verizon’s own admissions to the FCC of 15 million customers being wrongfully charged to the tune of well over 50 million dollars. Simply put, by Verizon’s own admissions, your statement is wrong!

The problem comes down to wording

Could you be more specific on what wording you consider to be a problem so I may address that point…

and customer education. as well as knowing what causes data charges

How about educating customer service reps. Let’s discuss a bit of YOUR training and education. Are you aware that a program called “Daily Scoop” placed in the operating system of at least two phones produced by LG for Verizon is responsible for data exchanges uninitiated by the user and that the customer is charged for these?

I somehow don’t think you’ll be responding to my points unless you really want to get to the basis of some of the data charge problems your customers are complaining about.  I particularly don't think Verizon is going to want you discussing the problem with "Daily Scoop" causing uninitiated data charges.

Best regards,

JB 

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

The training was fine, the problem with any training though is weather not

it sunk in for the Rep. Our knowledge base has infinite information at the

rep just chooses to use it, which is half the battle.

When I use the term magical, I simply mean that it's not just some place we

can transfer the call to.

And yes, during that time there were a lot of incorrect charges, but I am

referring to right now. Since that issue has been resolved, almost any

issues that has been arising has been a valid charge.

As for wording, I simply mean how its be explained. When I was working

customer care, most of the calls that I did hear( both before and after the

issue was fixed) came in from people who don't even know what a megabyte

is; and it's not that easy to explain to an 80 year old with an iPhone, let

alone most anyone else. I mean yes, I can yell them what it "is", but

explaining to somebody how far a megabytes is going to take them is the

problem.

As for social beat?the App needs to be opened and configured for it to

work, as it is not enabled out of the box. the only app that is would be

City ID, which is running on a trial and doesn't charge you for data use

when it is displaying call info(and yes, for it to appear on your bill, you

do have to accept the subscription after the trial)

the link below provides a list of different things that use your data. the

same info in this link, is also included as a print out with the

confirmation letters that are mailed out after a change is made to your

account.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/data_info.html

0 Likes