Cruise Access
Elliot1051

Is there an option for access to phone, text email etc while on a cruise other than the wifi offered by the cruise line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cruise Access
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is, but it is pricey. International Phones & Global Calling Plans | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is, but it is pricey. International Phones & Global Calling Plans | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Elliot1051

Thanks for your fast response!

I received an 'unexpected error' message when I click on the link. I went to the Verizon wireless site but didn't see a link to that type of information.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The link works for me just fine. You can also go to the Verizon Wireless website, have your cursor hover over "Shop" then move it to "Plans & Services" when it appears and then click on "International Plans" when it appears.

On the resulting page, click on "Get Started" under "Travelling outside the US". Towards the bottom of the page, you will see cruise ship rates which run $2.99/minute for calling and $0.50 for sent texts and $0.05 for received texts. Cellular data is not available while cruise ships are at sea. So to receive email while at sea, you must subscribe to the ship's wifi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The links tend to error when you open them from the email notification of a new post in the community forum. If you clicked on the link for the discussion, you could have viewed the post on forum and accessed the support page. It probably has to do with too many redirects.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i use a hand-me-down i-phone4 to access public wi-fi for both email & messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elliot1051 making sure I stay in contact with family while I’m traveling is very important. If you do not use the WiFi on the cruise ship, depending on your location you would incur international charges. I have supplied a link to the information about usage while traveling and international plans. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Elliot1051

When I click on the link I received 'an unexpected error has occurred'

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link works fine for me; are you accessing it while logged into the forum rather than via an e-mail notice of the post?

0 Likes
Elliot1051

I'm clicking on the link in the email

0 Likes