DARN YOU PARADISE ISLAND!!!!!!
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
So, Saturday night after work I was tending to my island, building new building, moveing one building 200 times, upgradeing building, etc. my LG Ally's battery started to get really hot (Yes cause its processor sux im sure.) Soo I turned it off, and let it coll down as its done 3-4 other times. Went to sleep, slap that puppy back in the phone, plug it in to charge....*Blinking red light* and just for fun if i take the battery out *Blinking turquoise light* :smileysad:. So I dont know when my warranty expires, and I felt like talking to CSR, so I call! The rep gets on the line, I ask if im still under warranty due to overheated battery. The rep looks for troubleshooting steps, puts me on hold a few mins, comes back on saying hes fileing a report about the phone overheating and to take the phone to the store to troubleshoot. great! obviously im under warranty!....NO!!!! To this day I dont know what that rep was thinking XD. So choices....Do i fight with my mother, the Account Owner, and steal my brother's upg who just got a Droid X and get myself the LG Revolution now that we unofficially have 4g LTE? or pay $25 for a battery and see what comes down the pipeline in Febuary for 4g? CHOICES.................................
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DARN YOU PARADISE ISLAND!!!!!!
AZSALUKI
Legend

well you could try a factory reset before you do anything. it's a bit of a hassle, but if your media is on the sd card and you spend the $5 for my backup pro, then it takes very little time to get the phone all set back up to how you have it now (mayba an hour). you will lose the data associated with your apps (like the levels/stages in games, and custom settings, etc), but your apps will all be restored and you'll just have to set up the email accounts and stuff.....but for $5, i would try this first. i didn't even realize the ally had been out for a year? i sure would've thought you were still under warranty.

0 Likes
Re: DARN YOU PARADISE ISLAND!!!!!!
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
Well....the phone doesnt even turn on sooooo....its kinda hard to do a reset without power XD
0 Likes