DNS Failures
AZguy1893
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I own a website, joinnow.live, that hosts webinars for millions of viewers. Recently, anyone that tries to access my site using Verizon cellular service is getting a browser error that the domain does not exist. This is not the case when using any other cellular provider or any non-Verizon WiFi service.  I had my technical team look into it and they have told me that this is a problem with Verizon's DNS resolver servers. Can you escalate this issue to the appropriate technical team so that we can get this fixed and my website working for all Verizon customers again? I am happy to put your technical team in touch with mine if that will help get this solved quicker. 

Thanks for assistance. 

0 Likes
Re: DNS Failures
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@AZguy1893 wrote:

Hello, I own a website, joinnow.live, that hosts webinars for millions of viewers. Recently, anyone that tries to access my site using Verizon cellular service is getting a browser error that the domain does not exist. This is not the case when using any other cellular provider or any non-Verizon WiFi service.  I had my technical team look into it and they have told me that this is a problem with Verizon's DNS resolver servers. Can you escalate this issue to the appropriate technical team so that we can get this fixed and my website working for all Verizon customers again? I am happy to put your technical team in touch with mine if that will help get this solved quicker. 

Thanks for assistance. 

You might try calling the VZW IT Help Desk at 866-899-4872.  I have a note that they 'cannot talk to customers', but maybe they'll talk to your technical team.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! This sounds like there may be a block preventing users from accessing the website, this could be for a number of reasons (i.e. security/unknown site). Do you know if this happens when typing this website directly into a web browser, or when clicking on a link? Does this happen across multiple browsers? 

*Cheyenne

AZguy1893
Enthusiast - Level 2

Link or typing in, no difference. Same for multiple browsers. The only thing that causes it to work is not using Verizon DNS. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AZguy1893, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your work address. As I know that this is something we all need access to, let's gather some information on what is happening. Do you recall any new software, apps or games that were installed to the phone around the time that this began? Could additional security protocols been put in place on the work address? 

-LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AZguy1893
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, No this is not for an individual phone. This is system-wide across the entire Verizon DNS. For anyone trying to access this domain: joinnow.live. You can test it out on your end. Visit it fine on internet. Then try to visit it using Verizon DNS and you will see what happens. 

Links or typing in, make no difference. Same for multiple browsers.

The only thing that causes it to work is not using Verizon DNS.

Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AZguy1893, thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me what error message do you receive when typing in the web browser?

-Rodney

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

AZguy1893, thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me what error message do you receive when typing in the web browser?

-Rodney

I can share my test results. I used Ping&Net utility on my moto z4 phone when connected by WiFi to Comcast and using their DNS servers first. I was able to Traceroute and Ping joinnow.live successfully, resolving the domain to 65.8.198.13 on cloudfront.net. Then shutting off WiFi on my phone and using VZW and their DNS servers, both Traceroute and Ping fail to resolve the domain. Simple to replicate for appropriate tech support agent.

Screenshot_20220305-121702.png

Screenshot_20220305-121759.png

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
AZguy1893
Enthusiast - Level 2

This site can't be reached. 

www.joinnow.live's server IP address could not be found. 

Try: 
Checking the connection 

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Thanks for your help Rodney. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional data, that is helpful. We want to make sure that you get the help that you need. That said, I would like to gather a few background details. How long has this been happening? Does this happen to multiple devices on your account. Where are you located (intersection, zip code)? -Gina

0 Likes