DROID 4
saraskeen

I WANT SOMETHING DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been a customer for over 8 years! I wanted a Droid 3 for my last upgrade! BUT THE PERSON I SPOKE WITH SAID IT WAS ON BACK ORDER! I said I would wait. I was told I could not get a Droid 3 for my upgrade and I had to get the Droid 4!!! I didn't want to do this because I didn't want to PAY SO MUCH MORE FOR IT and had to change my plan!

Well,,, I got the Droid 4... the first one came in the mail and it looked used!!!! I sent it back. I got another and it has been horrible! I got it last year June 2012. I called everyday for a week, emailed customer service. All for nothing!!! No help, no resolve!

Droid 4 is HORRIBLE! And I am a droid person!!! LOVED the first 2nd and 3rd!!!!

This phone will not hold connectivity!!!!! I have done everything!!! reset to factory 20 times, removed sim card, changed settings.... downloaded updates!!!! NOTHING works!!! I was then told you are in a 3g area and this is a 4 g phone. okay.... then why was I forced to get it???

Do you think Verizon cares I spent so much money????????????? nope! I put the phone in a drawer and I bought a Droid 3!!!! I have loved it so much! been almost a year and 1/2! It died the other day.... : ( So I decided to hook up the Droid 4 and since 4 months ago my area got 4G!!!!!

Guess what!!!!!???? DROID 4 is STILL HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no connectivity, still drops calls, still sends back texts unsent due to lack of service!!! Meanwhile the whole world around me is zooming on their lower class droids! Makes me so angry!!!!

Verizon SHOULD take this phone back and I should get a BETTER UPGRADE FOR THE ALMOST 2 years of this crap phone!!! I spent way too much money and had to buy a droid 3 all because they can't give me a product that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I Google this issue and the whole world has the same problem!!  

I have paid my bill on time for over eight years, what did I do to deserve this??????????????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DROID 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems with your device, saraskeen. I understand how important it is to have a reliable phone. Are you currently eligible to upgrade? You confirm by calling #UPG from your wireless phone.

When was the last time we completed troubleshooting on the Droid 4? I look forward to speaking with you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
saraskeen

My upgrade is in April. I USED my upgrade and was forced to pay 200.00 for this horrible experience! I work with a current verizon employee! They looked at it last night! I am being told motorola bluetooth is fighting with jelly bean and droid 4 will never connectivity.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the data network set to CDMA/LTE?  Have you done a system cache clear since reactivating the Droid 4?

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

I may be only one Droid 4 owner/user, but I have had none of the issues you describe...  please try the above two suggestions and post back so we can further troubleshoot if needed.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It sounds like you've done Quite a bit and you pulled out your Sim Card at any time in doing that unless i overlooked have you Try a new Sim Card, If not I would get a brand new Re-placement card and Note to pass be Careful not to Touch the Gold area of the Card that area is very sensitive to oils and Static Electricity which are both in bodies and cause harm to the card and issues with the Device it goes in..

0 Likes
smaruska
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lol @ getting a bad phone the second time and not returning that either.  And, no the whole world does not have the same issues you do.  I've had a D4, it was fine, gave it to my little sister so she could keep her unlimited data because I got a steal on a barely used Bionic which is basically the Droid 4 with no keyboard and bigger screen.  Best phone I've ever had and still rocking strong on a custom rom/kernel, overclocked and de-bloated.  All of those things you can do on the D4 as well.  You very may well have gotten a bad one though but its your responsibility as the user to know the warranty periods and make sure you are happy with the device before waiting a year to complain about it. 

I also had a D3 and it was not the gem you seem to think it was.  No LTE and only 512 megs of RAM, have fun trying to get it to run any apps these days.  Even 1 gig RAM phones that came out last year are starting to show they are having a tough time keeping up.  Why do you think all the carriers are going to these new plans where you can upgrade at any time?

At any rate, call up VZW and see if they'll do anything for you being a loyal customer.  If not then there are plenty of very serviceable barely used or non-used phones you can get off contract on various websites like the evilbays.  If you need to keep a keyboard take a look at getting a Stratosphere or Stratosphere 2. 

0 Likes
saraskeen

I have done all that.

0 Likes
saraskeen

I did that as well

0 Likes
saraskeen

Oh gee why didn't I think of that!? oh I did! You can't return a phone after 14days!!! I returned the first one. I got the second and the very day it was activated I sat on the phone with verizon going through every step known to man! This went on for days! And then I was admitted to the hospital unexpectedly!  When I got out they said they would NOT give me a new phone. And acted like I never complained everyday since I got it. Good for you you have a DROID 4 that works! I have read thousands of reviews of people having the same issues I have. In Fact a man is suing over it involving a 911 call or lack of.

And if you actually read my post you would UNDERSTAND, I complained everyday all day long! I am not WAITING A YEAR TO COMPLAIN! I could care less what you think of the Droid 3. It worked 10 times better this this one.

The reason for this post is not for you. Its for verizon and or anyone who have seemed to get this issue fixed,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You posted your message on the Verizon Wireless Community forum which is a peer to peer customer forum and viewable to the public. Registered members are allowed to reply to this and any other post on the community. Each person will have a different experience with using a device and might be able to help you with yours.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes