DROID Turbo System Update Unsuccessful
BigBabaRob

Good day.

Everyday (for the last week) my brand new DROID Turbo downloads the 235.2 MB System Update file.

Everyday I schedule it to install overnight.

Every morning I get a message that the installation was unsuccessful, but yet it keeps coming back each day.

Currently I'm running 21.44.8.en.US on KitKat (4.4.4).
According to the image below it appears that it's trying to install the version that I'm already running.

So:

Do I need to manually disable my systems updates to get this to stop?

Is there something in this update that I don't already have? Since the version is identical, I'm guess this is the cause of the failure.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_2015-02-25-09-03-52.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID Turbo System Update Unsuccessful
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Do a System Wipe Cache Clear of your Droid and then after rebooting power the phone off for 1 hour. Then power on and try doing a forced download. If this does not work I would first reach out to Verizon and next Motorola.  Link:   Clear Cache Partition        

Number for Motorola  technical support on your Droid:
1-800-734-5870
Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, it is possible that the reason for the failure is because it is the same.  My phone would tell me that my last system update was unsuccessful if I had tapped the system update button and no new update was found.  Instead of putting it off till night time, Install Now and see what happens.

BigBabaRob

I have tried the "Install Now" multiple times and I get the same result. It is quite odd that it keeps trying to install the seemingly same version on top of the existing version.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my issue.

Hopefully someone has a resolution to this.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Do a System Wipe Cache Clear of your Droid and then after rebooting power the phone off for 1 hour. Then power on and try doing a forced download. If this does not work I would first reach out to Verizon and next Motorola.  Link:   Clear Cache Partition        

Number for Motorola  technical support on your Droid:
1-800-734-5870
Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST

0 Likes