Re: DROID VOICE DIAL SUCKS!!
steveme

I have found that the voice search option works somewhat better. I still think we should be getting better bang for our buck and all the hype that came, with the introduction of the motorola driod.

With all the importance of handsfree dial and the changing laws, this is an issue that should have been addressed at the beginning stages, BEFORE the handsets were offered to the public. My previous phones were all simple flip phone and voice dial was NEVER a problem.

I have been a Verizon customer for going on 20yrs and this is my 1st "smart phone". It wasn't an easy decision, going from my flip phone..It's looking like it may have been a bad decision.

With all the promotion Verizon has done on the droid systems, I'm thinking there has GOT to be some sort of false advertising or fraudulent practice I for one, will be keeping my eyes open for class action lawsuits.

0 Likes
TallGuy1970

spammer wrote:

Actually the Droid (Android Software 2.x) will sync with an Exchange Server...choose it in Corporate Email

But does it work with Exchange calendars? The last phone I played with.... NO. I could be wrong today. It's been a while since I tried.

I know Motorola and HTC have developed Exchange calendar syncing in their customer user interfaces and there are apps like Touchdown that will do it, but Android OS did not sync Exchange calendars last time I checked.

0 Likes
UnhappyDroider

I'm with you on this one!  I find it hard to believe that Motorola/Google put so much money into this phone trying to bring it into this century and did not complete the task by leaving out hands free voice dialing.  I got a ticket trying to use the voice command.  Not a safe phone...   It's going back!

0 Likes
hornetjockey

I keep voice dialing on my home screen, and can't say that I've ever had a problem getting it to recognize my commands other than maybe needing to speak louder than I think I should have to sometimes, usually because of background noise. However, it does seem pretty odd that the Droid and Eris aren't compatible with a very basic function of BT headsets. We shouldn't be surprised, though. We are dealing with an open-source OS, and as such, the public are always the beta testers.

0 Likes
kenc3dan

It's not a question of the Android OS.  It's a question of Verizon not licensing the Nuance Voice Suite software for the Droid and Droid Incredible.  The Devour, running Android 1.6, can do Bluetooth voice dialing just fine, as does the non-U.S. version of the Droid - the Milestone.  Verizon owes us an explanation and a quick fix, this is a critical safety and legality issue.  It isn't the OS, and it isn't the hardware, and the software (Nuance) clearly works great for others.  Don't blame Google or Motorola, Verizon is the only thing that's different here and they are ultimately responsible for the product they sell.

0 Likes
Re: DROID'S VOICE DIAL SUCKS!!
GAM

The Motorola  Droid's voice dial not only sucks, it is totally useless.  In addition to that flaw, my does not open most attachments.  If I forward an e-mail with an attachment the attachment does not forward with it. Am I doing something wrong.!!  Why would the Eris work perfectly fine and not Motorola?

0 Likes