Damaged SD card?
sarahhxx03

My SD card was working fine this morning; then all of a sudden it now says "damaged"; i even put it on my computer & it said the same thing ... does this mean i have to format & lose everything? Can someone please help me :smileyhappy: thankssss

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Damaged SD card?
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

sarahhxx03 wrote:

My SD card was working fine this morning; then all of a sudden it now says "damaged"; i even put it on my computer & it said the same thing ... does this mean i have to format & lose everything? Can someone please help me :smileyhappy: thankssss

If your PC won't read the card if it's in a Card Reader, then you'll need to use some type of Disk Utility like PC Tools to see if it can repair the directory so that you can read it....  If you can get it to be read, then copy your data off immediately and then Format the Card...  If you can't read it, I think you are out of luck.  Try reading it 2 or 3 times before giving up.

0 Likes
Re: Damaged SD card?
dfappraisals2

mine was working fine and now it says it is damaged but it works fine in my tablet and computer.this is the second time it has done it.i put a new one in and it was working for a while and did it on that one so now it is in my tablet and it has been working good so far .I think it is my phone

0 Likes