Data Optimizing
TheRealDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm wondering if there is some sort of setting on my LG V10 that would allow my phone to automatically switch to Mobile Data when the phone leaves a good Wifi connection/area. As of right now the frustration of having the phone certifiably incompetent because it's in the 2-3 minute time span it takes to realize the wifi signal is GONE and Mobile Data is needed immediately, is becoming unbearable! My G3 on Sprint had such an optimizer that I actually didn't appreciate a year ago because IT wanted to incessantly hunt down Wifi signals which I was certain was a battery killer. But these periods of having my very expensive phone AND "Top 3 network" be rendered completely inoperable because I've left my home or workplace are a joke and I NEVER experienced that with Sprint/my G3 and the Data/Connections Optimizer.

Can anyone help with this???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Optimizing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheRealDub,
I love using my phone and having the ability to use it anytime and anywhere I like. Your phone is designed to connect to Mobile Data whenever present. Do you have the Mobile Data turned on? Settings/More/Mobile Networks/Mobile data should be checked.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheRealDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Robin...I guess I should've mentioned that. My mobile data is on. The phone simply tries to maintain the weak wifi connection for way too long before it switches to it and in the meantime I can't Voice-text, Voice Command or use the internet among other things.

0 Likes
TheRealDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Case in point, when I went to submit that last response... I had just stepped out of my work place. So when I pressed SUBMIT my phone showed "loading" for several seconds before ultimately telling me "no network was found" because I was still connected to the Wi-Fi inside my job. Is there any way for the phone to recognize that and switch back to mobile data sooner???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is great news, TheRealDub. I know this can sound like a pain, however, the phone is working as designed. It attempts to make sure it stays connected to wifi as long as possible. There are some wifi connections that have a stronger connection. It does allow it to stay connected longer.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheRealDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the answer is "no" then...? I'm not sure I understand the good news in this discovery.

ttwilly77
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG vs450 does same thing

0 Likes