Data , Please Help
Gemini061270

Data Help.... I currently have a smart phone can't afford the data plan anymore. My understanding is if I get a basic phone I can activate it and do away with the data plan. After that is done can I than go back and flip flop back to my smart phone with no data plan? Also I am available for upgrade which I do not want to waste on a basic phone right now. If I get a basic phone (Buy one) activate it will that hurt my upgrade status?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data , Please Help
rcschnoor
Legend

You must have a data plan with a smartphone on Verizon.

Yes, you can do away with the data plan if you switch to a basic phone. If you switch or "flip flop" back to a smartphone, you will once again have to get a data plan.

If you purchase a basic phone at a subsidized price in exchange for signing a new contract, that will "hurt" your upgrade status in that you will have to wait for 20 months before you can once again upgrade with a subsidized phone.

You can purchase a basic phone via ebay or swappa.com and activate it on your account without "hurting" your upgrade status as you would not be signing a new contract OR receiving a subsidy from Verizon on the purchase of your phone.

0 Likes
Re: Data , Please Help
Gemini061270

Thank you for the reply , much appreciated.

0 Likes