Data usage giving me Hemroids on my anDroid!
pc911support

I checked my data usage online and I am at 96MB on a 25mb plan.    I thought I was synced to my wifi home network most of the time.    I am searching for some apps to help me get this under control but mean time any suggestiosn as how to approach customer service to work with me on on that 1.99 per mb x O.M.G.  overage!

pcwebiz

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage giving me Hemroids on my anDroid!
tonloc3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didnt think there was a 25 mb plan for the droid.  I thought it was unlimited for $30.   You may want to check it out.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

tonloc3 wrote:

I didnt think there was a 25 mb plan for the droid.  I thought it was unlimited for $30.   You may want to check it out.

tonloc3 is right, you should have the $30 unlimited plan unless that plan was placed on your wife's plan/phone

see if you can upgrade on that mb plan.  i was told that if i reach my 500 message limit, i can increase my package :smileysurprised:

but i cannot go down.

or maybe its vice versa.

0 Likes
FredCDobbs

pc911support wrote:

I checked my data usage online and I am at 96MB on a 25mb plan.    I thought I was synced to my wifi home network most of the time.    I am searching for some apps to help me get this under control but mean time any suggestiosn as how to approach customer service to work with me on on that 1.99 per mb x O.M.G.  overage!

pcwebiz

Hate to tell you, but you will get charged for data over your own wifi. Yea thats right. Same thing happened to me a couple a yrs ago. Verizon told me i was using thier network. yea whatever. I returned that phone. The only reason to use wifi is it might be faster.

0 Likes
pc911support

After I realized this happened I switched my equiptment.   I just switched it back to the Droid and when I activated the phone it offered me 2 options for a data plan  9.99 for 25mb  or 19.99 for 75mb.      The activation is automated by the website so I will call customer service and get the faq on the unlimited.    

The only reason I was using WiFi was becuase I thought it would save my usage fee.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks

0 Likes
ciampamp
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure you turn off themobile netwok first and then you will not be charged for any wifi usage.  The only way you would be cahrged for wifi usage if your phone is connecting over the network or automatically switching in and out.  The Eris has toggles for all of the networks, when I want to use wifi for speed I just toggle off mobile, I'll still get calls and toggle on wifi.  I don't want the phone jumping to thenetwork when it's slower than the available wifi.

0 Likes
tonloc3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am completely confused.  Do you have the Droid?  If so,  I do not believe there is a data package less than unlimited available.  It is a smart phone and you have to have the $30 smart phone package which is unlimited data.   Second on my droid I am not getting charged for using wifi versus the3g network.  I am at 453mb for the billing cycle and 70% usage is via wifi (faster at my house) with no extra charges.    Do you have the LG touch as that is what your user says you have.  If so, I was mislead by the message title and I apologize as they do have 25mb data plans.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

tonloc3 wrote:

I am completely confused.  Do you have the Droid?  If so,  I do not believe there is a data package less than unlimited available.  It is a smart phone and you have to have the $30 smart phone package which is unlimited data.   Second on my droid I am not getting charged for using wifi versus the3g network.  I am at 453mb for the billing cycle and 70% usage is via wifi (faster at my house) with no extra charges.    Do you have the LG touch as that is what your user says you have.  If so, I was mislead by the message title and I apologize as they do have 25mb data plans.

maybe he thinks his touch screen device is an automatic droid?

0 Likes
MrHacks

I haven't been charged for using data over the WiFi network.  Check your settings, FredCDobbs and be sure that you are using WiFi (that is WiFi  Router hooked up to your Cable/DSL/FiOS modem.) not the 3G.

0 Likes