Data usage increase
pachase
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve had a Samsung Galaxy S4 since December 2013. My data usage has increased significantly the past 2-3 months. Last month and now again this month I received a notice stating I was nearing my limit of 3GB. In prior months the usage was nowhere near that. I've had to turn off data usage to avoid going over only half way thru the billing cycle. I have not changed my usage habits. The data usage on my phone shows it's my email using it up. Everything else is using less than .01GB. I’ve reduced the amount of emails I receive by unsubscribing to many. I don’t reply to many emails thru my phone either. I've turned off or uninstalled many apps but since it's my email using it this hasn't had any impact. I didn't change any email settings until getting the overage warnings and then made suggested changes to lessen the email data usage, this obviously hasn’t helped either. I've also noticed my battery is running down much quicker also. I've been a customer for a very long time and am getting very discouraged in continuing. Without anything on my part being changed or different I don't understand why this is happening and I don’t' feel that having never gotten close to using my 3GB limit before that I should be now and should not have to increase my plan therefore costing me more money. Please help me solve this problem.

Labels (1)
Re: Data usage increase
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is just a posting away pachase! Let's partner together and do a deep dive and verify the usage patterns. If you can send us a privaye message then we can investigate for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kpgrl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue.

0 Likes
Vaporgirrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue as well.

0 Likes
jmanshutt
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention kpgrl. May I ask what make and model device are you using? What Android device(s) are you using? If you can share this info along with the data services that you use on your device then we can investigate for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Thursday Vaporgirrl. I would like to extend the invitation to assist to you as well. If you can share the requested info in my previous post then we can look at your concern as well.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow! We have quite the concern here! Don't worry jmanshutt. I'm on the job. If you can be so kind as to share the same info requested from Vaporgirrl & kpgrl then we can look into this.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Vaporgirrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It is using Kitkat 4.4.2.

0 Likes
kpgrl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4, using 4.4.2.

One thing I noticed is the data usage graph shows Internet using the most data.  HUGE amounts and I am not on the internet enough to warrant it.  I have also noticed when I open my Task Manager, Internet is almost always there as an active application.  This has only recently started and seems to coincide with the start of the increased data usage.  I am trying to make a conscious effort to check my task manager often and end the process for Internet but it's not something I should have to do for my phone to run effectively...

0 Likes