Re: Data usage increase
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Vaporgirrl. May I ask what data services do you commonly use on the device? This info can be checked by goingt to Settings > Data Usage. If you can share what the top 4 to 5 apps that use the most data then that would be great. Also, do you have the device setup to auto-update apps? If so then I would suggest disabling this feature. We're looking forward to your reply.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Vaporgirrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I typically use Facebook and the Internet. I rarely (1x/mth or less) use YouTube.  I am also careful to close out apps that I am not using. My usage patterns haven't changed over the month, but my data usage has more than doubled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot, vaporgirrl. Are your Facebook videos auto-playing in your stream as you scroll through them? This setting can be turned off to conserve data in Facebook app Settings.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Vaporgirrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

No my Facebook videos don't autoload

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated Vaporgirrl! May I ask when you access your data patterns online, do you see any inconsistencies documented? Also, wo you have any apps that auto update on its own? If so then I would suggest turning this feature off in the Play Store to preserve data.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
godawgs80
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughters upgraded to iPhone 5C two months ago and now for the past two months their data usage (2GB each) is used up within a week.  The 2GB max was never a problem prior to upgrading.  Need help!

0 Likes
Not applicable

turn off mobile data when on wi-fi. Don't just have wi-fi on and assume mobile data can't be used. Check which apps are using data and either disable them if not needed or change settings to use wi-fi only.

0 Likes
godawgs80
Enthusiast - Level 2

We’ve done this and usage is still high. What I don’t understand is why the change all of a sudden. We never had to “turn off mobile data” in the past. What changed and why?

I don’t understand.

913bonez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is doing the same I turned it all off and it still turned it self on in the middle of the night and couple times a day ..

0 Likes
Not applicable

maybe some apps updated and maybe they use more data now.

0 Likes