Data usage very high
abbadabbadoo117

I just got a message that I have about 10% of my data left, and 14 days left in the month.  I don't know what has caused this big bump in usage, I am on 5 per month, and usually use about 3ish.  We did just recently switch our internet provider from AT&T to Spectrum, and I was wondering if that could have affected something?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage very high
mama23dogs
Legend

You would have a new network key.  Did all your devices sign in?

data usage is recorded on your phone, in settings, data usage, and by application.  Android needs to be set by bill cycle.  iPhone needs to be reset each bill cycle.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

abbadabbadoo117 wrote:

We did just recently switch our internet provider from AT&T to Spectrum, and I was wondering if that could have affected something? Thanks

Yes, if you didn't input the new wifi password into each of your phones for the new Spectrum router and were thinking you were using wifi data instead of cellular data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abbadabbadoo117

Knowing how your data is being consumed is crucial to managing your usage effectively. We will be more than happy to help you get to the bottom of this. Here is a link that will provide you tools to monitor your usages http://vz.to/2ms5lRB mama23dogs brought up an excellent point since you mentioned switching your home internet service. Historically you may have only used around 3GB a month (cellular data) because the usage that happens while connected on WiFi does not consume your cellular data. So If you had not connected your devices to this new WiFi, your usages would now consume your cellular data making it look like it was more than normal. Are all of your devices connected to your new WiFi? Where there any updates completed that would have consumed more than the normal amount of data used?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes