NEUMY50

We have been with Verizon for a long time. We have never come close to using all our data. We rarely even reach the half way mark. Out of nowhere I get a text tonight that we're at 90% then a minute later it was used up. We have not changed anything. We use our wifi connection at home and don't use much when away from home. I sure hope it's a glitch and not Verizon pulling a fast one to get us to sign up for their new plan. I'm not happy. I may be looking for another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your usage on MyVerizon show which device triggered the overage, if any? Does the problem device agree with MyVerizon's readings?

The data reporting on Verizon is delayed, and an accident with video streaming being done while Wi-Fi is turned off (because people can't stop micro-managing that stupid button) could have caused this.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And when people say @i may be looking for a new carrier" you just be like.......really? Someone on the plan did something then. Nowadays threats to go to a new carrier falls on deaf ears. Carriers now buy customers out and threats to switch? Carriers will be like see

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NEUMY50,

Help is here! You’re long time loyalty with us is very much appreciated & we would never want for you to even think about leaving our wireless family. Making sure that you understand your data usage is key. Please allow me to be your advocate to investigate what could be happening. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to assist you. Please respond back only in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smith6612 , you have such a great question. Ensuring that you are able to monitor your usage is of the utmost importance. Your data usage breakdown will allow you to see each line individually. Seeing who used what data: http://www.verizonwireless.com/archive/mobile-living/network-and-plans/how-to-track-data-usage-with-...

In addition, here are the tools that we have to monitor your data usage: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tools-for-monitoring-usage/ This may be a huge help for you in the future.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!