Delayed texts arriving days late!!!
whodatiz

So I recently switched to a Samsung Z Fold 2 and this problem appeared shortly after, but from what I have done to try and solve this myself, I do not believe it is solely related to the phone.

I have noticed delayed texts for several weeks now.  I cannot find a pattern to it as it is intermittent and does not always happen.  I have searched and searched for a solution, but nothing has happened.  I called tech support with Verizon when I knew I had some delayed texts (from wifey) and they had me purge the app cache etc, and it fixed the problem (for the moment).  Others are having this problem with other models and brands of phone and the problem is not resolved. 

Today (Sunday) I grab my phone from base charger and suddenly I get three text messages, all of which were sent Friday evening. 

See https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Delayed-Texts-Are-Still-a-Problem/td-p/1116563 .

7 pages with multiple people with the same problem and still no resolution.  I recently retired and have three new job interviews coming up.  In today's world, people expect nearly instantaneous responses to texts but I/Verizon cannot be depended upon right now as it may take days for me to receive the text.  why?

Occurs with both Verizon Messaging+ and Messaging installed on phone by Samsug.

Happens both at home when on Wifi calling and both when on towers.  The Friday to Sun delayed occurred  when I was both at home and out during the delay period.

0 Likes
Re: Delayed texts arriving days late!!!
whodatiz

Edited and added to orig post...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whodatiz, thanks for reaching out and providing us with the details of the issues that you're having on your device with delayed text messages. Text messages are the main source of my communication with the outside world these days. So I do know the importance of needing them to work as they should. Have you had any issues with being able to make/receive phone calls on your device? I know you stated that this can happen anywhere, can you please provide me with the zip code of the area that your in when this seems to be an issue? Please keep us posted. Kevin_VZW

0 Likes
whodatiz

No problems making phone calls.  Zip code is 30132.  It happened last night rather severely.  The wife asked if I had received a group text that she had just gotten on her samsung s8+ that was also addressed to me.  I pick up my phone, open text messaging+ and 5 late texts messages come cascading in, some of which where over a day old.  This is really beginning to action me off!!!

Took a minute for me to reply because I thought ur site was broken and I could not reply.  Seems the site does not like my firefox for some reason?  Chrome worked though...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whodatiz, we understand the importance of making sure you are receiving all of your important text messages. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken already in efforts to resolve this concern. Let's continue to review. Can you please clarify which text message application you are using (pre-loaded, VZW Messages, third-party download)? Also, can you please let us know if you are using a New SIM Card when you switched to your new phone?  

0 Likes
whodatiz

Lord have mercy, this is going to take forever at this rate.  See your last reply to me above with another question to see what your question was...  Then see my original post at the top to see the answer to your latest question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to troubleshoot. Have you tried using the native messaging app? 

0 Likes