Deleting email account - and then some
Kitten_Call

Mmm...on a good note? Opera is available and it seems more user friendly ( Thank you! )

On other notes? I agree with the poster about a mobile version of this board on Verizon. I am not able to post this from my Droid. I had to go to my PC :smileysad:

I too am having trouble with emails not deleting or being removed from the trash. It appears this is something they should get straightened out, as I really don't use much email and if I am having trouble - lol. I could see someone go bonkers if they emailed and text alot. EEeekk!

So until this gets cleared up, the only solution for me is to remove it from my Droid.

I searched and found an old post that I remember I tried to look at and saw how it worked. Some reason my Droid does not have a remove account button option on the menu.  

See below

How to remove an email account(not Gmail) from the Droid 

This is very easy to do:

1. Bring up your apps
  2. Touch the Email Account you want to delete
  3. Touch the Menu button
  4. A list box will appear with various options, touch "Remove account" <<-----Sorry, Kitten's Droid does not have this option
  5. Touch ok

Either way, can anyone please direct me on how to remove my email account ? Much appreciated.

Thank you very much

Puurr

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting email account - and then some
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

To post to the board from your phone I believe you need to change a profile setting. Click My Settings->Preferences and remove the check mark from Use Rich Text Editor.

Which account are you trying to remove? If you are trying to remove your primary Gmail account I don't believe you can without a factory reset.

0 Likes
Kitten_Call

thanks logic, will do when at pc it is for the non gmail accounts thanks puurr

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

re deleting email account... have you tried?... From the home screen touch Menu->Settings->Accounts & sync. Under Manage accounts, touch the account you want to delete. Do you see a Remove account button?

0 Likes
Kitten_Call

Hmmmm not sure how to answer this one - lol

Hope this makes sense

Yes....

I have tried everything (even searched) for the answer and pasted the anser in my search on this site in my post but it appears to be incorrect BTW :smileywink: - as when I follow the instructions no button exists.

What you are describing is for Gmail - and yes it says remove account "Gmail" account

I am going to my non Gmail accounts, using the email icon. Was the only way to set up BTW. Gmail icon only allows gmail.

Ok - phew..I appreciate you guys trying (truly)

But ...what a flustercluck - eh?

Kitten will go curl up now - i am flippen done with this noise - LOL

Puurr

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

I only sync with Gmail so I can't help with this.

0 Likes
barberlady

hmm I tried and it times out and wont delete my email account

j

0 Likes