Device Hacked again no help from Verizon Tech coach
BEAMAL50

This is my third phone device purchase from a Verizon victra store. My original phone (LGV20) was hacked and the hackers rooted my phone via remotely without my knowledge. Now it seems they have gotten to this device (Google Pixel 3 xL) as well. This phone is only 3 weeks old, purchased Nov 9, 2018 and I have been in contact with Tech Team this entire time. I don't know if I need a supervisor or if I need to write a formal email but all the information I was given by Tech coach previously was misguided.

Each time I contacted Tech Coach they told me my phone was fine, when indeed Malware was installed. They also told me my phone wasn't rooted and it was rooted without my knowledge by hackers. They would check the Verizon Security App, which was a mirror apk app and they didn't recognize it wasn't even one of their own apps! I even asked "Is it phone rooted?" And thet tech said definitely not. He was wrong and they have been installing and updating apps on my one without my knowledge this whole time.

I've exhausted my options with Tech Coach and now I need to know what my other options are. My accounts have been secured, before I purchased the phone. So I know the hacking wasn't done dur through unauthorized account access.

Going in with the knowledge when buying this phone device, I told the salesperson about the hacking incident and he said Verizon will replace the phone if it's ever hacked if I signed up for the Total Protection service, which I did. Now my phone has been hacked, and I don't know what my options are. I have done everything on my end in the recent months, securing all my accounts, changed Banks, passwords, new cards, everything has been secured before phone purchase.

I look forward to this being resolved. As for the reason for the multiple device purchases was due to the horrendous customer service I received at first store. The manager made me cry, it was terrible. They manager even called and harassed me several times, because he made an error in the store, which I have documentation in voicemails. The second Victra Store customer service was perfect, even though I drove 15 miles or of the way just so I would not have to enter the other store.

Overall I am beyond fustrated with the Verizon experience and I am so disappointed after being a customer for 15+ years.

What are my options? If you can check my account notes all my discrepancies have been noted and it's history goes 2 months back. I look forward to this being resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device Hacked again no help from Verizon Tech coach
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello BEAMAL50,

It's of the utmost importance to make sure your account is safe. I'm sorry to learn of any poor experience in one of our store locations, and I'm here to help you. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. I'm certain that we will be able to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

verizon can't control the sites you visit & the links you click on.

btw, i've never heard of a phone being rooted remotely.....you clicked & ok'd on something.

0 Likes
BEAMAL50

I suggest you take an IT or networking course or stop trolling. It is called Root transmission and I'm glad you're educating yourself about it- Legacy Native (LeNa) malware utilizes the GingerBreak exploit to gain root permission on Android phones.

If a nearby device has been exploited and your phone is connected via WiFi or even NFC you're vulnerable.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

BEAMAL50 wrote:

I suggest you take an IT or networking course or stop trolling. It is called Root transmission and I'm glad you're educating yourself about it- Legacy Native (LeNa) malware utilizes the GingerBreak exploit to gain root permission on Android phones.

If a nearby device has been exploited and your phone is connected via WiFi or even NFC you're vulnerable.

If you're such the expert why are you even having this issue then? Clearly this has nothing to do with Verizon or the phones. You went to some shady sites

bearone21
Legend

maybe talk to the victra folks, maybe it was remoted there to your phone.

fwiw:

in looking over gingebreak apk, i see nothing about remote installs.

next time buy from a corporate store.

0 Likes
1993jkylee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please message me too! I’m having same issues with phone being rooted! 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes